DirecTV New HD channel additions and rumors

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm very happy. After my switch to DirecTV in late 2011 because of loss of my RSN's on Dish I was bummed I lost out on a number of HD channels I received with Dish. With today's additions I can say I now am down to one channel I wish DirecTV had that I miss from Dish "EPIX HD".

Come on DirecTV just give us the opportunity to pick up Epix in an Add on package.

John

yup for some reason I was up at 5AM so I got tot see them go live in the guide (Central time)

few glitches at the beginning but was fixed within 5 minutes.

With today's additions I can say I now am down to one channel I wish DirecTV had that I miss from Dish "EPIX HD".

Come on DirecTV just give us the opportunity to pick up Epix in an Add on package.

John

Same here and picture quality looks real good here and Thanks Directv and hope to see more soon ;) :) ice you get a chance take a nap to get some rest waking up that early ;) :)

Last edited:
I'm very happy. After my switch to DirecTV in late 2011 because of loss of my RSN's on Dish I was bummed I lost out on a number of HD channels I received with Dish. With today's additions I can say I now am down to one channel I wish DirecTV had that I miss from Dish "EPIX HD". Come on DirecTV just give us the opportunity to pick up Epix in an Add on package. John
i totally agree! with Epix

I'd LOVE to be able to drop one of the more useless movie stations in Premier for EPIX. A pick 4 or something like that would rock.

Anyone got a total number on full time HD channels now? And, does anyone remember when all we had in HD was ESPN, HDNet, HDNet Movies, Universal HD, and ....uh, crap! What was the last one?! We only had 5 HD channels! What was the fifth? That's gonna drive me crazy...

Anyone got a total number on full time HD channels now? And, does anyone remember when all we had in HD was ESPN, HDNet, HDNet Movies, Universal HD, and ....uh, crap! What was the last one?! We only had 5 HD channels! What was the fifth? That's gonna drive me crazy...

I think it was spice hd if am not mistaking :D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

TNT

correction/addition
per the web archive back in 2004 it was 10.99

Our HD Package includes ESPN HD, Discovery HD Theater™, HDNet and HDNet Movies - all for just $10.99 per month.

There was also CBS, HBO, Showtime and yes Spice

Then looking in 06 it was dropped to 9.99 and did include TNT
The DIRECTV HD Package includes TNT HD, ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD, Discovery HD Theater™, HDNet, HDNet Movies and Universal HD — all for just $9.99 per month.

Boy I dont know about you but the "HD channel Dish has that D* dosn't" is looking pretty pale in comparison to the other way around ;)

DISH Network Channels not on DirecTV (National Channels)
233 GSN
235 Style
238 Reelz Channel
272 Logo
279 Oprah Winfrey Network
310 G4 (SD removed 11/1/10)
330 Centric
345 RFD TV
353 Bloomberg TV
404 Galavision
605 Sportsman Channel

DirecTV Channels not on DISH Network (National Channels)
106 TV Land
141 ESPN U
142 / 9494 ESPNews (Pulled 6/22/2010)
172 / 9433 Disney EAST (Pulled 6/22/2010)
174 / 9449 Disney XD (Pulled 6/22/2010)
180 / 9434 ABC Family (Pulled 6/22/2010)
216 ION East
343 Encore Action
374 Smithsonian HD (Removed 2/1/2009)
398 FUEL TV
406 Fox Soccer Channel Plus (SD is offered a la carte)
xxx Disney Jr (Not on DISH in SD)

I'd rather keep TVLand, ESPNU, ESPNNews, Ion and Disney stuff in HD than have OWN, Style, Reelz and G4 ;)

correction/addition
per the web archive back in 2004 it was 10.99

Our HD Package includes ESPN HD, Discovery HD Theater™, HDNet and HDNet Movies - all for just $10.99 per month.

There was also CBS, HBO, Showtime and yes Spice

Then looking in 06 it was dropped to 9.99 and did include TNT
The DIRECTV HD Package includes TNT HD, ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD, Discovery HD Theater™, HDNet, HDNet Movies and Universal HD — all for just $9.99 per month.

I remember back even further when they came out with the very first RCA unit--the DTC 100--and the only channel you could get on it was HBO in HD... don't know how long that lasted. I know circa 2004 is when I finally went to HD and got the 4 channel package for 10.99...

Nat

I'm very happy. After my switch to DirecTV in late 2011 because of loss of my RSN's on Dish I was bummed I lost out on a number of HD channels I received with Dish. With today's additions I can say I now am down to one channel I wish DirecTV had that I miss from Dish "EPIX HD".

John

I switched from Dish and I miss Epix, too. :-(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts