DirecTV New HD channel additions and rumors

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I hope they get FXM (Fox Movies) in HD. Two weekends ago we were watching a funny movie on FXM HD over at my dads house on his cable. If we had FXM HD it would be nice to have as another channel choice to watch. Going HD means I won't skip over it in the guide.

Since DirecTV's SD is so overcompressed, I tend to skip over it. If others are the same way, it would be in Fox best interest to negotiate with DirecTV for HD carriage. More viewers would be a good thing for a network, don't you think?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I hope they get FXM (Fox Movies) in HD. Two weekends ago we were watching a funny movie on FXM HD over at my dads house on his cable. If we had FXM HD it would be nice to have as another channel choice to watch. Going HD means I won't skip over it in the guide.

Since DirecTV's SD is so overcompressed, I tend to skip over it. If others are the same way, it would be in Fox best interest to negotiate with DirecTV for HD carriage. More viewers would be a good thing for a network, don't you think?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I think that would be a good addition to the HD line up.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

What is the difference between FMC and FXM. With all the Fox Channel changes, does anyone know what will happen with the RSNs? I know content will fluctuate, but will any be lost/merged/re-branded? It would be a lot easier if FS South and Fox SportsSouth didn't have names that are, essentially, the same.

I don't really care the new logos for FXX and FXM.

Attachments

• FX_Movie_Channel.jpg
    FX_Movie_Channel.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 163
  • FXX_logo.png
    FXX_logo.png
    3 KB · Views: 163
The article did not say, however I would not doubt if they change FMC to FXM full time, and have commercials all the time as well.

I know DirecTV will be launching a new satellite.

How much space is left for high definition channels? How many more channels can be added?

I know DirecTV will be launching a new satellite.

How much space is left for high definition channels? How many more channels can be added?

D14 is scheduled to launch some time next year.

My question is how many more HD channels are even out there?

There are numerous posts listing channels that Dish and other providers have that Directv doesn't. A quick search should find them.
There are probably 30 or so at least, with more lighting up once and a while.

With the number of hd channels carried by Directv and Dish, there aren't any missing that are in great demand. Some current channels may not have much actual hd content, but most of the ones I watch are mostly hd.
There are surely some that sound interesting and there are clearly some that aren't "all that" because of replay frequency or advertising interruption.

I could definitely be interested in something like Military HD (Discovery) or Military History HD (History Channel) if they don't screw it up with incessant repeats and commercials.

I could definitely be interested in something like Military HD (Discovery) or Military History HD (History Channel) if they don't screw it up with incessant repeats and commercials.

but since you have Dish and not Directv maybe you should post your request there instead of trolling this area

Last edited:
My question is how many more HD channels are even out there?

Tons, look at UVerse and FIOS offerings.

ReelzChannel HD, AMC HD, Outdoor Channel HD, World Fishing Network HD, TBN HD, fuse HD, MTV2 HD, SWRV HD, Halogen HD, Havoc TV HD, FUNimation Channel HD,Wealth TV HD (a lot of CBand guys miss that one), HSN HD, QVC HD, Style Network HD, Oxygen HD, The Hub HD, Cartoon Network HD - West, GSN - Game Show Network HD, OWN - Oprah Winfrey Network HD, Justice Central HD, TV One HD, G4 HD, TNT HD - West, TBS HD - West, ES.TV HD, Cars.TV HD, Pets.TV HD, Comedy.TV HD, Recipe.TV HD, MyDestination.TV HD,

Last edited:
There are surely some that sound interesting and there are clearly some that aren't "all that" because of replay frequency or advertising interruption.

Sounding interesting doesn't necessarily translate into being in demand. There are a few I would like to see added, but virtually all of my hd wants have been met.

Tons, look at UVerse and FIOS offerings.

ReelzChannel HD, AMC HD, Outdoor Channel HD, World Fishing Network HD, TBN HD, fuse HD, MTV2 HD, SWRV HD, Halogen HD, Havoc TV HD, FUNimation Channel HD,Wealth TV HD (a lot of CBand guys miss that one), HSN HD, QVC HD, Style Network HD, Oxygen HD, The Hub HD, Cartoon Network HD - West, GSN - Game Show Network HD, OWN - Oprah Winfrey Network HD, Justice Central HD, TV One HD, G4 HD, TNT HD - West, TBS HD - West, ES.TV HD, Cars.TV HD, Pets.TV HD, Comedy.TV HD, Recipe.TV HD, MyDestination.TV HD,

Umm AMCHD is on D*
OWN is coming soon
West Coast feeds are useless IMO as the shows are replayed ad nauseum
G4 was dropped by D*

3 of them get at least some talk here and they are GSN, Hub and Reels....eh 4 with Fuse
The rest I personally dont care about

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts