DirecTV News - $199 HD-DVR, 2008 Nascar, & New HD Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.
At least they are going all the way with the HD this year.
In car cameras and the Hot Pass stuff too.
Now, if they would give you the race with out commercials, then you would find more subbing to it, also if the gave you the choice of screen sizes, I hate the 3 screens because none are large enough.

Jimbo
Thats cool if its HD! Where can you get this package for $40. Ive seen 4 payments of $22 and change

Now that you are saying that, I've called DTV, the representative that I was speaking to kept saying that she didn't know about the 40$ Nascar Hotpass.

DTV HD signal problems

I'm getting fed up with the DTV HD signal quality. For several days i've had no HBO, Showtime or service on a number of other channels including HDN Movies (I get everything DTV offers on two HD DVR's and a standard DVR). After days of 'searching for signal', HBO and Showtime miraculously reappeared this morning. In the meantime I scheduled a service call for this Thursday. Are you hearing of any problems with transmission? I'm in 11935 zip code (eastern Long Island).

I'm getting fed up with the DTV HD signal quality. For several days i've had no HBO, Showtime or service on a number of other channels including HDN Movies (I get everything DTV offers on two HD DVR's and a standard DVR). After days of 'searching for signal', HBO and Showtime miraculously reappeared this morning. In the meantime I scheduled a service call for this Thursday. Are you hearing of any problems with transmission? I'm in 11935 zip code (eastern Long Island).

I'm in Nassau County - I havent had any issues with signal. I'm guessing because of that it is something at your site - please re-post after your service call. Good luck!

N. Nassau County myself, no signal issues that I have noticed. I have been slinging into my HR20-100 for over the past week, all has been well.

I call this a known issue. I'm using a HR20-100 and have had consistent problems with any of the MPEG-2 HD feeds: HNDM, HBO-HD, SHOW-HD and several others. This has been going on off and on since I got the newer software (the most recent national release). I have been running the CE downloads with the exception of this past weekend and have found that they still have yet to fix the problem.

FYI: a reboot from the menu will usually remedy the problem for a short while. New BBC's didn't fix the issue either. Patience is needed because this is one their first tries at their own HD DVR software and there are a lot of bugs to get out. Here's to hoping they get the ReplayTV patents applied and use a bit of their code!

I call this a known issue. I'm using a HR20-100 and have had consistent problems with any of the MPEG-2 HD feeds: HNDM, HBO-HD, SHOW-HD and several others. This has been going on off and on since I got the newer software (the most recent national release). I have been running the CE downloads with the exception of this past weekend and have found that they still have yet to fix the problem.

FYI: a reboot from the menu will usually remedy the problem for a short while. New BBC's didn't fix the issue either. Patience is needed because this is one their first tries at their own HD DVR software and there are a lot of bugs to get out. Here's to hoping they get the ReplayTV patents applied and use a bit of their code!
If you didn't download the CE maybe you could have called D* and got the problem fixed,Or better yet not use the CE's at all and you still be watchen tv.

If you didn't download the CE maybe you could have called D* and got the problem fixed,Or better yet not use the CE's at all and you still be watchen tv.

This problem exists with the National Release of software, and I've seen several people complaining about the issue here and there. I'm participating in the CEs hoping that they fix the problem in the code. I'm thinking about reverting back to the national release and calling Tech Support for a box replacement sometime soon. I'm a bit annoyed that my fiance keeps complaining that she can't get the channels when I've told her just to reboot if it stops working.

This problem exists with the National Release of software, and I've seen several people complaining about the issue here and there. I'm participating in the CEs hoping that they fix the problem in the code. I'm thinking about reverting back to the national release and calling Tech Support for a box replacement sometime soon. I'm a bit annoyed that my fiance keeps complaining that she can't get the channels when I've told her just to reboot if it stops working.
Really? Your the first I've heard of any D* national software release that would prevent someone watchen tv. Where's all the posts about it?

I started encountering the problem while the build was still in the CE stage, but posted on the "other" site as I felt it would be addressed. There were about 5 people who posted similar issues all relating to the MPEG-2 HD content. I've posted to each CE since then about the same issue and usually see one or two people who have the same problem. I almost think that this issue could be a real hardware malfunction, but am affraid they would send a HR21, which would the Dayton, OH DMA will not be getting any HD locals for a while thanks to LIN.

I'm fighting myself from reverting to the National Release and calling tech support. The fiance can nag quite a bit if she can't watch some sappy movie on UHD or HDNM.

Just go back to the national release and call tech support and get a replacement. If others are reporting this it must not be a majority of folks, which to me means not a problem that all HR20-100's have, so hopefully a new box will correct it. Why put up with it if you don't need to?

Have you considered the fact that it may be line of sight? All of those channels are on the same bird, aren't they? It could be as simple as one tree blocking that particular signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts