DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The platform will be personalized to you, the more you use it to more it customizes itself to you.

7.png

Brad Bentley takes the stage and hes going to give us a demo
8.png

Here are the programmers... (CBS and Showtime are missing and they are working on getting them)

10.png

Here is the pricing... No 4K and limited to two streams.

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 315
DIRECTV NOW programming packages are seeded from our existing satellite TV service, putting popular channels together for a great entertainment value:

• Live a Little – $35 / month (60+ channels)
  • Just Right – $50 / month (80+ channels)
  • Go Big – $60 / month (100+ channels)
  • Gotta Have it – $70 / month (120+ channels)
"GO Big" will have into price of $35 for subscribers that sign on in the beginning, and will be grandfathered at that price.
Though he did clarify the price will increase over time as content prices increase (like DirecTV now).

Here are some of the platforms supported (Roku support coming soon)

Free Apple TV with 3 month subscription or free Fire TV stick for one month subscription.

7 day free trial.

Buy a LeEco TV and get 1 year of DIRECTV Now included for free.

HBO for $5 , Cinemax for $5

12.png

Add HBO for $5 - which is a nice plus.

"Fans of HBO® and Cinemax® can add these channels for just $5 each per month in addition to your base programming package."

DIRECTV NOW will offer AT&T Originals, stuff from the Audience Network plus other exclusives such as Taylor Swift Now. Which will be 13 episodes.

14.png

"GO Big" will have into price of $35 for subscribers that sign on in the beginning, and will be grandfathered at that price.
An incentive to keep people from swapping between services (sling and Vue). I get it, but depending on the channel lineups for the different tiers, I am not really thrilled with it. As when you swap or drop, you lose grandfather status (or so it reads).

Almost 6,000 people watching.

DIRECTV NOW launches on 11/30/16

16.png

Now demo time, and for the demo they are using the Apple TV. It is fast in switching channels.

The interface to me almost looks like Sling TV

17.png

It is built on live streaming and on-demand, no mention of cloud DVR.

DirecTV has done major improvements to their on-demand library and this seems to be a big part of why.

Now they are talking about Fullscreen

18.png

Fullscreen curates good content from the internet and brings it home in one unique experience.

Not sure why this Fullscreen is a big part of DIRECTV NOW.... since he keeps mentioning that it is already available for all devices from their app stores. But hey that's just me. :D

Yawn...

Fullscreen is a separate service..

Now they are taking a break and will be back in about 15 minutes with Q&A.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)