DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They just ended the stream with no real sign off.

No mention of sports programming beyond ESPN, I have a feeling this may not include RSNs, things like NFL Network, etc - perhaps they're afraid it would go after the base too much.

I have asked AT&T for a channel matrix. I will post it as soon as I have it.

Looks like we are not going to see the Q&A so I am going to head for home... In case they do show it hopefully someone can report it. :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

They lost me on the Fullscreen.
Me thinks Apple and Tim Cook have nothing to worry about as far as presentations go!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have a feeling I won't be taking down my satellite dish anytime soon.

Another thing that stuck out to me is they are planning to subsidize the pricing plan with advertising revenue from inserting ads.
This is already a big deal in pay TV today, but they way DirecTV spoke about it today makes it sound like it is a larger part of their plan for this model.

Reactions: osu1991 and dfergie
No guide grid on the ui as far as I could tell.
Looked similar to Sling.
Tiles while live video playing in the background.

They lost me on the Fullscreen.
Me thinks Apple and Tim Cook have nothing to worry about as far as presentations go!

I agree. I didn't care about Taylor Swift or Fullscreen. I wanted to see the channels in each package and what all is available. Poor Presentation!

I felt the audio was quite poor for a company that does communication and video for a living. Couldn't the guy have had a mic that didn't rub against his clothing and be located a little closer to his mouth. Poor quality.

Reactions: Link
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts