DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a feeling I won't be taking down my satellite dish anytime soon.

Another thing that stuck out to me is they are planning to subsidize the pricing plan with advertising revenue from inserting ads.
This is already a big deal in pay TV today, but they way DirecTV spoke about it today makes it sound like it is a larger part of their plan for this model.
That's where they lost me. I despise embedded ads.

As long as the embedded ads didn't hinder my movement through the UI they wouldn't bother me. But if it is something that I have to wait for, then yeah, that would be a problem.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just got this and it explains a bit so simply. :)

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 7.34.09 PM.png

I was struck by the statement that 5-6 million customers a day want Directv but don't credit qualify for it.

As long as the embedded ads didn't hinder my movement through the UI they wouldn't bother me. But if it is something that I have to wait for, then yeah, that would be a problem.

Exactly.

Everything sounds good to me, Except for 2 streams.
Thats not enough to drop satellite for.
Vue is just a tad too pricey IMO

That's where they lost me. I despise embedded ads.

Almost any provider inserts their own ads instead of showing every ad broadcast by a channel. Streaming services allow for targeted ads that are inserted during a regular commercial break

I don't think anything was mentioned which local markets would have access to local stations was it?

Almost any provider inserts their own ads instead of showing every ad broadcast by a channel. Streaming services allow for targeted ads that are inserted during a regular commercial break
If that's all they do then fine, but too many videos on services like youtube require watching ads before the video plays.

I don't think anything was mentioned which local markets would have access to local stations was it?
I would imagine the markets will closely mirror the markets where vue offers them.

I was struck by the statement that 5-6 million customers a day want Directv but don't credit qualify for it.
yeah, I'm not buying that claim. In two months you have more people than are households in the US.

Last Census there was 242 million adults in the US. Let's round it up to some undocumented people wanting directv and that's 250 million. And according to their own info. Directv has 20 million subs.

Sony still hasn't even filled all the ad spots on channels on its Vue service. I don't know how many times I get the ESPN or Playstation Vue logo instead of commercials during games on ESPN channels. I've also recently discovered, much to my delight and joy, some of the primetime shows available on Fox On Demand don't have forced commercials.

yeah, I'm not buying that claim. In two months you have more people than are households in the US.

Last Census there was 242 million adults in the US. Let's round it up to some undocumented people wanting directv and that's 250 million. And according to their own info. Directv has 20 million subs.

Don't forget the illegal voters.

(Thats a JOKE folks!) :D

Sony still hasn't even filled all the ad spots on channels on its Vue service. I don't know how many times I get the ESPN or Playstation Vue logo instead of commercials during games on ESPN channels. I've also recently discovered, much to my delight and joy, some of the primetime shows available on Fox On Demand don't have forced commercials.

Funny on the same thing with sling.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)