DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's back...do I dare hope? It's been fine for the last 30-45 minutes or so. I did sign up for a free trial of PS Vue. If it weren't for the Viacom channels, guess where I'd be moving to.

I really wonder how many true subs Now has with this flop of a launch.
I was there when Sling launched and was there when Vue went to more devices. While Sling had a few bugs but nothing like Now and have since been worked out. Vue has had none that I have encountered.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: reddice and Ronnie-
App won't open here either on FireTv. I'm afraid I don't want to go past my 7 day trial. I'm sure it will get better but truthfully I'm happy with Vue and love the cloud DVR more than real DVR's. So easy to go back and watch programs I would of never DVR'd, its made watching TV fun again.

I am watching Vue and there are so many things it does better than Now. Color guide, info for shows, channels working like TV should and all of the networks.

Minuses. Viacom channels missing. Cost of HBO. Video capped at 720p. No MLB Network.

Honestly, if I can have five streams on five devices and if the rest of my RSN's were added, I'd move to Vue. Also 1080i is needed.

I cancelled trial subscription after NOW app on firetv failed to launch again this morning, along with last night. Today was last day of trial so can't justify paying for something this unstable with Vue working just fine.
I know some claim channels are 1080i on Now but using FireTv developer app called X Ray, data rate doesn't support this. In fact Now data stream has lower bitrate than (Vue much steadier) with erratic dipping to 1.8 Mbps all the time even on supposedly 1080i HBO so doubt these claims of 1080i stream are true.
Doubters test it out yourself then go to Netflix and download a real 1080i stream.

christ, back to rectangles of wait every 10-15 seconds. Silly of me to think they could string 2 nights back to back with no issues.

Reactions: reddice
Seriously. One would think that it would get consistently better, but the few times I've seen improvement , after a while it goes back to the problems it's had since launch.

At this point I really can't say that they have fixed anything, and quite honestly the service is unusable for practical purposes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: reddice
DirecTV Now's Technical Issues Are Nothing New-So Why Do New Streaming Services Have So Many Issues?
http://cordcuttersnews.com/directv-...thing-new-new-streaming-services-many-issues/
Remember, using Vue as an example is not a fair comparison, because Vue was already out in select cities, for at least a year, before being released nationally. Also, maybe because I was using AT&T 6.0 Fast DSL, I had times where Vue would cut out scenes from a show I recorded on their DVR, & I had to either go to that channel's app or wait for a rebroadcast of that episode. Watching Stitchers on Freeform was always an issue for me, because they would always show a Harry Potter movie before it(Freeform's problem) & it would ALWAYS run past its allotted time, by 30 minutes at least, & screw with the dvr recording start & end time.

Reactions: AZ. and reddice
Everyone might want to start checking their apps Directv Now has been updated and the change log is pretty large

(this is from apple tv)

Added restart indicators on Guide screen for shows that are restartable.
Added ability to scrub backwards during live shows that are restartable.
Improved ability to move focus leftwards to all/favorite channel button on Apple TV Guide screen no matter which row has focus.
Improved “Mute on launch” to restore prior system volume upon exiting.
Improved the arrangement of buttons on the Show Detail Screen for shows that are restartable.
Changed to remember last-played channel after sign-out / sign-in.
Changed to restart on-demand show from the beginning if it was previously watched to the end.
Fixed erroneous “outside of the U.S.” condition
Fixed erroneous “too many concurrent streams” condition
Fixed loading of top shelf content on Apple TV after new install.
Fixed problem video controls automatically hiding while scrubbing
Fixed the display of “lockout” error message on Login screen
Fixed Occasional crash in ad player at Start up.

Fire app was updated yesterday as well, but I haven't looked to see what changed

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

FiretTV update sucks, made it harder to find app icons. Made it easier to automatically start streaming crap you don't want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts