DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can anyone who signed up with the free AppleTV offer tell me how long it usually takes to receive the AppleTV? I'm going on 2 weeks and no delivery, tracking #, or shipping notification. The only communication I received was on day one welcoming me to DTV NOW and stating that my Apple TV would be mailed soon.

Ordered mine November 30th, a Thursday,and it was here a week and a half later. Sure stock is low

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I restarted service after second thoughts, may be wise to keep awhile longer at $35 price. I noticed after recent update can't find any 1080 channels using FireTv X-ray advanced option showing resolution and bitrates.
I've went though 40+ channels including all NBC channels like NBCSN & MSNBC which I know are 1080 and everything is 720 same as Vue 1280x720... FR just under 60fps. Didn't sub HBO so can't verify there.

Also using the advanced option I can verify bitrate (2500) with AVC codec is half of Vue's 720p bitrate (5200) with same AVC codec. Good news haven't had any freeze since yesterday or app failure to launch.

On my fire tv stick it says test on the corner of the DIRECTV now app. What does that mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what the "test" tag means but I've noticed it too.

And I know we have beat this to death. It here is another issue I've noticed switching g between Vue and now tonight.

Watching ESPN bowl games and on vue I'm getting a solid 720p signal with good bitrate.

With now it's at 480 and slow.

Haven't gotten the rectangle on it, but it's poor overall.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

decided DTVNow is now something I can wait for even at the discounted price. Cancelled my account tonight. Vue expires tomorrow, maybe I can get in on the Ultra Slim deal at $54 if not, back to sling. I like discover networks and A&E family. Of course only DTVNow offered both, but when you can't count on it to be reliable it doesn't matter.

I'll get a free roku with Sling for the month. Decide then what happens. See what Hulu and google have to offer in 2017

Reactions: reddice
I signed up for DirecTV NOW because I was going to buy another Apple TV anyway, but the stability issues have caused us to abandon using it. I'm going to wait until closer to the end of the 3 prepaid months to decide on hitting the cancel button, but things would need to get substantially better. DTVN has more channels for $35 and has the potential for better video quality, but Vue wins in pretty much every other aspect of the service.

I signed up for DirecTV NOW because I was going to buy another Apple TV anyway, but the stability issues have caused us to abandon using it. I'm going to wait until closer to the end of the 3 prepaid months to decide on hitting the cancel button, but things would need to get substantially better. DTVN has more channels for $35 and has the potential for better video quality, but Vue wins in pretty much every other aspect of the service.

That is my thinking too.

It may be lower quality but still pretty good IMO. If it lessens frequency of freezing, I am OK. We all need to remember that the price is still really low compared to regular TV. After all, it's only been a month. So I'm OK. But, I do believe that they will work on it or else they won't last long. My brother in law has Sling and it kept freezing last month while we were watching college football on ESPN. Also, DNOW has a better channel selection IMO. I'm going to see this through.

Thing is, it's been at least 720p until last night.

Using x-ray on fire tv I was showing 480, at an extremely low bit rate.

Swapping to the same channel on vue, on the same box showed a much higher bit rate at 720p. So I do know it was not a net issue.

I have not checked it today, but it seems to still be showing in SD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

For resolution issues, are you using AppleTV? Try to change video output setting from auto to 1080P HD. I thought I was getting 480P SD, but it was closer to 720P. I changed to 1080P and it appears to be better.

For resolution issues, are you using AppleTV? Try to change video output setting from auto to 1080P HD. I thought I was getting 480P SD, but it was closer to 720P. I changed to 1080P and it appears to be better.
No, I am using the second gen fire tv.

It is telling me what is coming in on Now and on Vue using the x-ray feature

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: electricianjoel
What I'm seeing tonight. First DirecTVNow. Even below 480

IMG_20161229_173858.jpg

Same channel. Same fire TV. Same wifi signal.

PS vue

IMG_20161229_180011.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

FireTv last night and today lots of SD channels. (640x360 30fps bitrate 900 even on sports) Garbage guys time to move on. FYI uninstalled app and reloaded with no difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)