DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This was for Smart TV's......Hello, At this time we do not have a date, check back with us. ^ARCruz

This is for everyone...Has Directv gotten any better? How does it compare to Sling Etc? Has picture any better and the issues still there like errors etc

I think for many of us the three month original sign up period is approaching and I am curious.

How many plan to keep the service or will you drop the service and continue with another?

I think for many of us the three month original sign up period is approaching and I am curious.

How many plan to keep the service or will you drop the service and continue with another?

In the short term, I plan on keeping it.
I signed up under the "100 channels for $35" promo - and that price point can't be beat.
I'd drop it like a lead balloon if I were paying full price.

Great point.

no DVR sucks - and honestly, I considered subscribing to VUE at the same time as DirecTVNow.
But I find myself watching mostly sports live, and if there's a new show on a cable channel that I can't see live - I've trained myself to look for their app and watch it using the DTN login credentials.
Not perfect, but for $35 vs. $100+ for standard tv, I'm ok with the workaround.

I have Vue and I signed up for DNOW for the Apple TV, MLB Channel, and the Hallmark Channels. I have kept Vue and I have a decision to make.

I like the DVR and almost as important, the ability to use the apps for those channels. If Vue had those two channels, it is no contest IMO.

Reactions: DetFan
I really don't understand why people want to mess with these horrible streaming services. I mean I guess if it is totally about the money and you have no choice I guess then I could see it, but I would just rather use an ota antenna and just live with that than to deal with streaming. I have tried Vue and DIrectvNow and I honestly wanted to blow my brains out. I was so angered trying to watch TV and don't even get me started on fast forwarding/rewinding, I cancelled my free trials of them both and thanked the universe for my regular DIrectv! I am SO thankful for just regular good old DIRECTV. I have no doubt that someday in the future "streaming" TV will be the norm but I truly don't see that happening for years to come. Just my .02

Blow your brains out? Over tv? Wow.
I've used VUE since last June and it's been nothing short of perfect for me.

55 month gets me all the channels I need and hbo &showtime.

Anything else I need I have Kodi

No more paying 200 bucks a month to cover my home with TV service with maybe 12 channels.

Reactions: electricianjoel
I use OTA for networks and have DTVN locked in at $35 Go Big rate. I guess I'm lucky or patient. No, I know I am impatient but really like this service. Saving $75/ month from Dish. Rarely have buffering issues. I too have Kodi but am hesitant about using it. I used to miss DVR and ability to pause. I got over it. Just like TV used to be without pause capability. I'll bet anything that ATT will improve the service. There's too much on the line with this being of future of TV.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I did drop it, and hated to for the price I had it at, but at that time the service was just more or less unusable and I already had Vue.

I will check it again in the future, as that is easy to do with these services since there is no contract to hold you back.

Interesting comments from ATT execs about this service from https://9to5mac.com/2017/02/28/directv-now-interview-performance-issues/

...Goncalves touched on whether or not DirecTV Now was profitable. Though he didn’t directly say one way or another, he strongly implied that it wasn’t profitable at this point. Goncalves explained that AT&T doesn’t look at DirecTV Now as its own service, but rather an extension of other services, such as a mobile package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)