DIRECTV NOW Launching in November!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hope they make this a basic stand-alone product. I'm not signing up for AT&T services simply to get this at $35. I'll just keep not getting live television if they go higher than that. My Cox internet is great and Straight Talk is a better deal than anything I got at AT&T for 8+ years.

So, when the streaming thing is working ... can you stream tonight's episodes that you would see on the TV ?
I like to be able to watch THIS WEEKS stuff this week, not 4 weeks or more later ... I know shows are typically available days later, but it just seems like if I can't watch LIVE TV, whats the point ... I don't normally like to watch old stuff.

One thing I use is PlayOn. So far, and I really just started working with it, it will record the shows from on line (they're usually free within 24-48 hours after they first air). I'm still having some issues with Food Network but it has recorded the new season of Big Bang Theory and Designated Survivor and if you hit the subscribe button on the software, it will record automatically. I re-formatted an old HP PC I had and I use it strictly for PlayOn. It will keep the shows on that PC until I delete them. I then stream directly to my ROKU. With AD SKIPPER it automatically skips commercials for me too. Since I have PS Vue, I had to type in some credentials to access some of the channels but that was pretty easy to do.

For me streaming would only work as long as the VOD stuff stayed indefinitely as I'm usually always at least 2/3 weeks behind most shows and some I'm months or even years behind. I just recently started watching Last Man Standing Season 4.

Reactions: gadgtfreek
I imagine the streaming VOD would be the usual last 5 episodes of a show.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Comcast (starting this year) has whole season rights for TV Shows for most broadcast and cable channels for their On Demand, maybe DirecTV Now will have the same.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I am not sure on VOD when something is available but I THINK it is next day. With cloud DVR on Vue, it is obviously available just like it would be on your physical DVR.

Yeah, I would like cloud DVR with more time, like 60 days, or just do it VOD and let me stream it that way.

Yeah those two would be necessary for me as well

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I had been following DirecTV Now on other forums, but I just ran across this. Anyway, my questions are:

-Will this work away from a subscribers home network?

-Will there likely be special software to download on a computer or is is possible that it will simply be a website that you log into?

They are touting this as not using data allowance on att mobile subs accounts, so yes, this will work away from home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I had been following DirecTV Now on other forums, but I just ran across this. Anyway, my questions are:

-Will this work away from a subscribers home network?

-Will there likely be special software to download on a computer or is is possible that it will simply be a website that you log into?

1) Yes, and from the sounds of it... if your an AT&T Mobile Customer it will not count against your bandwidth usage. :)

2) There will be apps for your devices that you would download. I have not heard of any plans for a website to watch online... but I guess anything is possible.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts