DIRECTV NOW Launching in November!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Employee on reddit says they start selling firetv and Apple TV in-store tomorrow....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They already sell those at best buy.

Directv now release date?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm aware they do, I thought you meant the service would go live tomorrow in-store, as in Best Buy. DirecTV has sales personnel in Best Buy locations.

Just read the thread. Basically no real news at all.

Thanks. :)

Or do you mean in-store at a regional installer location?

I wish Tivo and Directv Now got together and integrated the two, allowing users to connect OTA and run Direct Now service to the Tivo, something like Dish is doing with their Sling tv box.

I'm thinking Directv better hit a home run.
The CEO basically comes out and says this will reinvent how we watch and pay for tv.
Now with the presser on the 28th just to tell everyone how good it will be and how we will use it.
Though they could be covering their ass since the FCC came out about data usages and they had already announced the launch for this month.
Will I use it?
If it is half as good as Directv is saying. You bet!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I'm really enjoying the Free data deal on my cell phone with D* and att ....
I was unable to be home yesterday for m o st of my football game, watched alot of it on my cell phone and it looked very good and had No issues at all .... :clapping
Fortunately the game was Not on a local station as we don't get them as of now.

Come on att/D*, do this for existing subs right, give us locals and the rest of the channels you offer.

Reactions: cinsu
Im two weeks down on Sling tv, so Im sold on this delivery method. Going to be really curious how Directv implements it.
Yeah the options with this medium have pretty much taken me away from traditional pay TV.

With that will be available in the upcoming year, subs have some good options to choose from.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I wish Tivo and Directv Now got together and integrated the two, allowing users to connect OTA and run Direct Now service to the Tivo, something like Dish is doing with their Sling tv box.

Is this through their Sling box only? DVR not available through other devices, correct?

So what do we know about DirecTV NOW?

Price: 100 Channels for $35.00

Premium Channels:
Additional Price

Local Channels:
??

Number of Streams:
1 or 2 - recently read only one stream

Networks:
Disney, 21st Century Fox Networks, NBCUniversal, Viacom, Scripps, A&E Networks, Discovery, HBO, and Starz.

Known Channels:
Audience Network, AXS TV, BET, Big Ten Network, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CBS???, Food Network, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, FX, FXX, FXM, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, Fox 18 regional networks, FYI, Galavision, Golf, Hallmark, MTV, MTV2, MundoFox, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, NBC, NBC Sports Network, Nickelodeon, TBS, TCM, TNT, Travel Channel, truTV, TV Land

AT&T Wireless users: No Data Charges for Streaming DirecTV NOW

CBS the last hold out - trying to hold on to their CBS All Access paid subscription - No Showtime?

Any one have anything to add?

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I'm really enjoying the Free data deal on my cell phone with D* and att ....
I was unable to be home yesterday for m o st of my football game, watched alot of it on my cell phone and it looked very good and had No issues at all .... :clapping
Fortunately the game was Not on a local station as we don't get them as of now.

Come on att/D*, do this for existing subs right, give us locals and the rest of the channels you offer.

I can watch my locals just fine on my phone with good wifi or 4G LTE service. Not data free, I have Verizon, but I don't use it nearly enough to use much data. The locals never look as good as the national channels. All of them show up for me, two markets worth, just like on TV.. I haven't played with it much, but I just looked again and they're there. Nothing from the AM21, obviously, but I discovered that if you are watching an AM21 channel, it will show properly in the "now watching" section of the app.

I can't watch anything in the 600s on my phone - they don't show up anymore anywhere on the app.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)