DIRECTV NOW Launching in November!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How am I supposed to know more if I go to directvnow.com, but I am required to put in a username and password before they let me enter the website?

I would think Nov 4th will be the date the website starts operating to the public.
Now probably open to beta.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Try vue. It is vastly superior to sling imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That I know, without trying both of them. Problem is we have Xboxes on each TV, our Kindle sticks haven't been unearthed since our February move.

Sling second fiddle already to Vue, DirecTV goes from large competitor to part of ATT and now possibly something bigger. Dish has to be frustrated on all fronts.

That I know, without trying both of them. Problem is we have Xboxes on each TV, our Kindle sticks haven't been unearthed since our February move.

Sling second fiddle already to Vue, DirecTV goes from large competitor to part of ATT and now possibly something bigger. Dish has to be frustrated on all fronts.
They've already released upgraded versions of the Kindle Stick, you could order one to make sure it is better than the ones that you already have, especially since it sounds like DirecTV Now will be on the Kindle Sticks once it's released(or you can locate & unearth the Kindle Sticks that you already have).

I'm interested in this since it doesn't require leasing equipment with fees and/or paying for their protection plan. I'd much prefer to use my personally owned Apple and Fire TV boxes and just pay for content.

Reactions: gadgtfreek
I would have to disagree about that! The vue app blocks 90% of the channels on mobile, where as sling has 100% of channels available on all devices.

True, but you can use the TV Everywhere apps instead on mobile devices, log in with your Vue credentials.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

True, but you can use the TV Everywhere apps instead on mobile devices, log in with your Vue credentials.
Thats a PITA though, you have to download a bunch of apps, so much easier watching in one app using one username and password.

I would have to disagree about that! The vue app blocks 90% of the channels on mobile, where as sling has 100% of channels available on all devices.

couldn't agree more and while I would of argued over a month ago, really can't any more, PS Vue is falling behind in quality of channels being offered and for whatever reason they need to do some massive upgrading of their server/service as it's become a PITA to even use the PS Vue app itself, as it's been buffering a lot as of late for whatever reason, and or freezing up, the problems I originally had with Sling TV, which the last month I have had none with that service.......my Sling is due Nov.7, so I temporarily canceled it right now, as I plan on signing up for Directv NOW on the 4th and give their free trial a ride to see if it's worth it..........exciting times, more competition, hopefully it'll drive these other companies in adding channels and/or fixing what is problematic with theirs.......

Will DTVNow continue thier childish feud against CSN Philly. I bet CSN Philly will be one of the few RSN's not available on DTVNow eliminating it as an option for sports fans in the Philly market just as Direct and Dish satellite are not an option. Thank God Vue provides CSN Philly allowing me to dump my cable. No RSN No deal. The Direct/Dish boycott of CSN Philly has been a godsend for crappy cable companies big and small throughout the Philly RSN market allowing them to keep customers despite poor service because they are the only choice for CSN Philly. My cable company is a mom and pop operation that started in 1950 and has not advanced much since. Very few hd channels and greatly overpriced. They don't even have ESPN in HD and still have some analog channels on the system. They do have CSN Philly(not in HD) so they maintain enough customers to stay in business because people won't give up their RSN. This sh!tty cable company and Vue are my only choices for my RSN and i doubt this DTVNow will change this.

The more I look at it, and now that I have reliable 100 down service with a high cap, I am gonna do something soon. I can record OTA with a tivo, have access to Amazon for many tv shows I want, it just doesnt make sense to pay Directv for ESPNs and stuff like DIY. I just looked, when my credits expire my bill will be $180/month. Thats ludicrous. My one issue is, we like premiums, and when you start tacking them on to streaming services the bill creeps up. I figure I could do the $35 vue service, get Starz and Showtime thru Amazon for $10/each, and get HBO and Max from Vue for $30. That is $85 vs 180 LOL.

I think I will wait to see exactly what Directv Now is before I move. I already have the Roku's Fire tv's, and internet, I just need to pick a service. With Direct Now saying 12mbps down, PQ could be very good.

I just hate the 28 day cloud dvr on Vue. Wish it was more like 56 days.

Apparently not on lunch but soon after

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Why will it work only after lunch? :)

on a serious note.. I wonder if they will offer the UDP with att wireless like they did with Directv bundle. Not talking zero-rating their own stuff, but making the NOW service eligible to qualify for the UDP on AT&T

When did you last check? I rarely watch mobile, but a few months ago they removed alot of the mobile viewing restrictions. I still see it on a few checking now, but I would say 90% are free to watch on the go.

CSN Philly will not sell to DISH or DIRECTV. The childish game is being played by CSN Philly.
Comcast offered CSN Philly to both Dish and Direct almost 3 years ago.. The FCC ordered it. They balked at the price and Comcast offered arbitration but they said no. I read an article at the time where a Dish rep said they didn't feel they would get enough new customers to justify the price of adding CSN Philly. I contacted the Phillies at the time to complain about the situation and they verified that Comcast offered CSN Philly to the sats around the time of the new Phillies contract with CSN and both Dish and Direct refused to add the channel. I can even understand their argument for not adding it but did not agree with it. Direct/Dish lowest subscriber numbers are in the market where CSN Philly is the RSN. Its true that at one time CSN Philly would not sell to Dish/Direct but that excuse is long gone. The blame is directly on them now and if they don't have CSN Philly on this new DTVNow service then yes they are engaged in a childish feud.

Washington, D.C. (January 27, 2014) - DIRECTV and Dish have rejected arbitration hearings to settle their differences with Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, which the satcasters have never carried, according to the Philadelphia Phillies, as reported in Sunday's Philadelphia Inquirer.

The absence of the popular Philadelphia-based regional sports channel on the nation's top two satellite TV services has been a recurring controversy for roughly a decade. And it's likely to become a larger one this spring when the channel's coverage of the Phillies jumps from 120 regular season games to 140 games because of a new $2.5 billion deal Comcast has signed with the baseball team.

Comcast once used a loophole in FCC regulations allowing it to refuse to offer the channel to DIRECTV and Dish. The cable operator, which is based in Philadelphia, enjoyed a competitive advantage there over its satellite rivals because it could carry the channel while they could not. But the FCC closed the loophole in 2010, supposedly clearing the way for DIRECTV and Dish to add SportsNet Philadelphia.

But over the past three plus years, the channel has remained off the satellite airwaves and money seems to be the reason. In the Enquirer article, Bonnie Clark, the Phillies' vice president of communications (the Phils are now 25 percent owner of the channel) says Comcast Sports Net offered both DIRECTV and Dish 'baseball-style' arbitration to arrive at a carriage fee that all sides would support.

"Comcast SportsNet has offered the channel to both DIRECTV and Dish Network," she told the newspaper. "In fact, Comcast SportsNet has offered to go to arbitration with both of the satellite services with the hope that they will sign on soon to give Phillies fans the opportunity to tune in regardless of their service provider."

If Dish and DIRECTV agreed to arbitration, they could conceivably begin carrying the channel before the Phillies' 2014 opening day.

Asked for a response on Sunday, DIRECTV spokesman Robert Mercer told TVPredictions.com that the company would decline to comment. E-mails to two different Dish spokespeople have not been responded to as of Monday morning.

Reactions: Troch77
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)