Directv Offer on their website.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Selbyville DE
Check out the DTV website and their packages. They are advertising ESPNUHD with the HD upgrade. Just another blatant lie. That is why when football season ends (I'm locked in for Game Plan and ST) I will be keeping the very minimum DTV package and moving to Comcast. They do offer Versus and ESPNUHD. ST is the only reason I am even keeping the dish on the side of my house. Next baseball season, I'll get MLB on Comcast.

Check out the DTV website and their packages. They are advertising ESPNUHD with the HD upgrade. Just another blatant lie. That is why when football season ends (I'm locked in for Game Plan and ST) I will be keeping the very minimum DTV package and moving to Comcast. They do offer Versus and ESPNUHD. ST is the only reason I am even keeping the dish on the side of my house. Next baseball season, I'll get MLB on Comcast.

Where on the site are you seeing this, got an exact link? I don't see it under their list of HD channels like you are implying.

They have announced ESPNU HD is coming by March 31.

DirecTV Press Release May 19, 2009 DIRECTV TO OFFER ESPNU IN ITS CHOICE PACKAGE - ESPNU's Distribution More Than 46 Million Subscribers

For you non-believers. Go to Directv site.Click packages. In lower right hand corner of each package, click HD Channels. Look down list. See ESPNU. Yea I filed a BBB complaint, because they didn't deliver what I paid for. Yea, they gave me a credit, when I really wanted the programming. Some of you people on here seem to think if you don't say it or believe it it doesn't exist. I'm not trying to do anything but present the facts as they are. Not craving attention, not rebel rousing, just the facts.

For you non-believers. Go to Directv site.Click packages. In lower right hand corner of each package, click HD Channels. Look down list. See ESPNU. Yea I filed a BBB complaint, because they didn't deliver what I paid for. Yea, they gave me a credit, when I really wanted the programming. Some of you people on here seem to think if you don't say it or believe it it doesn't exist. I'm not trying to do anything but present the facts as they are. Not craving attention, not rebel rousing, just the facts.

Post a link to the advertisement so we can click on it.

I found it in their Choice Xtra Package + HDR Package.

The CHOICE XTRA™ + HD DVR package includes the following HD channels^:

The 101 Network
A&E
ABC
ABC Family
Animal Planet
Big Ten Network
Biography
Bravo
Cartoon Network
CBS
Comedy Central
CNBC
CNN
Country Music Television
CW
Discovery Channel
ESPN
ESPN 2
ESPNews
ESPNU
Food Network
Fox
FOX Business Network
Fox News Channel
FX
Fuel TV
HD Theater
HDNet
History Channel
Golf Channel

Home & Garden Television
The Learning Channel
MLB Network
MTV
NBC
National Geographic Channel
NBA TV
NFL Network
NHL Network
Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite
Planet Green
The Science Channel
Speed Channel
Spike TV
Syfy
TBS Superstation
Tennis Channel
TNT
TLC
Disney XD
USA Network
VH1
The Weather Channel

^To access DIRECTV HD programming, a DIRECTV® Slimline Dish, HD receiver, and HD television equipment are also required.

However, you notice they don't mention Vs.

Problem is , you are NOT paying for it.
Seeing it is NOT in your package yet, you are not paying for it.
Chances are you won't pay for it anyways, it will be swallowed up with the cost of the ESPN programming and you'll never see a charge for it.

I just looked up MY package and ESPNU was NOT listed under the HD channels.

I still can't find the place you're referring to. Under choice I see ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD and ESPNews HD. If you see ESPNU HD I think you need your eyes checked.

I still can't find the place you're referring to. Under choice I see ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD and ESPNews HD. If you see ESPNU HD I think you need your eyes checked.

Might be time to change/adjust the meds?

OK - I'll start a war zone type rant:

- We all know this is an E slanted site (and that's somewhat OK).

- Tired of hearing how "superior" E's hardware is:

- More tech help posts for E equip than D, on a smaller subscriber base

- E is much more of a PITA to install properly (note - properly).

- E is the one who doesn't pay for their DVR technology, prefers to pay lawyers to fight infringing to TIVO patent and bury their heads in the sand (or whatever).

- E is "supposed to be "the" low cost provider. There is an older thread over there where folks were posting their bills - absolutely unbelievable. Mine is mostly lower (WITH the NFLST/SF included).

- At least E can keep their encryption intact :D

If I posted this heresy on the E side; probably get suspended.

I install both, and neither have clean skirts.

Maybe we need to set up a troll patrol and visit the E side more?

No matter what I post on here,some people just disagree and don't even take the time to check out the validity of what I say. The truth is 1) It is posted on their website 2) I never questioned whether I was paying for it or not, I simply stated that they were advertising that is was included . i hope I don't offend anyone with this post and they run to one of the administrators and pull the thread. But plain and simple: THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH. LIVE WITH IT.

No matter what I post on here,some people just disagree and don't even take the time to check out the validity of what I say. The truth is 1) It is posted on their website 2) I never questioned whether I was paying for it or not, I simply stated that they were advertising that is was included . i hope I don't offend anyone with this post and they run to one of the administrators and pull the thread. But plain and simple: THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH. LIVE WITH IT.

Earnings are due out for both this week - if I've unfairly labeled you an E troll, appologies - but it seems to happen quite regularly during earnings release week.

Get the following HD channels when you add HD Access ($10.00/month)^: TOMCAT, My 63 year old eyes apparently can see better then yours. It's right there in black and light blue.

The 101 Network
A&E
ABC Family
ABC
Animal Planet
Big Ten Network
Bravo
CBS
CNBC
CNN
Country Music Television
Comedy Central
CW
Discovery Channel
Disney Channel
Disney XD
ESPN
ESPN 2
ESPNews
ESPNU
Food Network
Fox
FX

HD Theater
HDNet
History Channel
Home & Garden Television
The Learning Channel
MLB Network
MTV
NBC
NFL Network
Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite
Spike TV
Syfy
TBS Superstation
TNT
USA Network
VH1
The Weather Channel

^To access DIRECTV HD programming, a DIRECTV® Slimline Dish, HD receiver, and HD television equipment are also required.

Get the following HD channels when you add HD Access ($10.00/month)^: TOMCAT, My 63 year old eyes apparently can see better then yours. It's right there in black and light blue.

The 101 Network
A&E
ABC Family
ABC
Animal Planet
Big Ten Network
Bravo
CBS
CNBC
CNN
Country Music Television
Comedy Central
CW
Discovery Channel
Disney Channel
Disney XD
ESPN
ESPN 2
ESPNews
ESPNU
Food Network
Fox
FX

HD Theater
HDNet
History Channel
Home & Garden Television
The Learning Channel
MLB Network
MTV
NBC
NFL Network
Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite
Spike TV
Syfy
TBS Superstation
TNT
USA Network
VH1
The Weather Channel

What is the exact website address for this information? I still don't see your source for this information. I've tried and nook and cranny of their website that remotely mentions HD. Are you sure you're at their official site and not some third party sales/installer site?

Might be time to change/adjust the meds?

OK - I'll start a war zone type rant:

- We all know this is an E slanted site (and that's somewhat OK).

- Tired of hearing how "superior" E's hardware is:

- More tech help posts for E equip than D, on a smaller subscriber base

- E is much more of a PITA to install properly (note - properly).

- E is the one who doesn't pay for their DVR technology, prefers to pay lawyers to fight infringing to TIVO patent and bury their heads in the sand (or whatever).

- E is "supposed to be "the" low cost provider. There is an older thread over there where folks were posting their bills - absolutely unbelievable. Mine is mostly lower (WITH the NFLST/SF included).

- At least E can keep their encryption intact :D

If I posted this heresy on the E side; probably get suspended.

I install both, and neither have clean skirts.

Maybe we need to set up a troll patrol and visit the E side more?

My meds are fine. I don't know what you're on but I've never had E and I never will. I don't want to start any wars, I just want to know the exact link where the OP is getting his info because I think he's misreading something or is confused.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts