DirecTV offers to customers who complain about dropped Viacom channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just signed up for D last week due to the E problem with AMC. I WILL miss FUTURAMA, SOUTH PARK, and such on COMEDY CENTRAL.(and SPONGEBOB on Nick. Don't feel right calling and complaining because with the new sub deal, I am getting away pretty well. I hope it doesn't last long. But for some reason even though I just signed up and already lost channels, I'm not as mad as I was at E and Charlie.... That just really irked me (I was going to use stronger language) I probably could have gotten freebie stuff over there, because I was a good long term customer 12 years. Easier for me to say see ya Only been with D for a week and already like the improved picture, and the extra channels. A co-worker also has D she may call to get some stuff, she's been with them for 2 years. Congrats on getting on CNN. I'm on D's side for this!!

Just to note my experience as I called in today....not a huge discount but I wasn't expecting anything large considering we (rather my daughter) only watch the Nick channels. The rep offered (and I accepted) $5 off per month for 6 months and free Whole Home ($3) for 3 months. Looks like it varies greatly by customer.

Peace!

$5 for 3 months is what I got. I'll take what I can get since they are providing Encore as well. I still love the service so I am not getting irate at the company. It seems as though they are in a bit of a predicament right now and as they have before with other channels, they'll get out of it and find the proper resolve necessary to make all things better.

I got Showtime free for six months and $5 off for three months. I then asked about a discount for the ST Maxx and was sent over to Retentions which gave it to me for half off. Can't complain since my contract ends in a few months and I didn't have to renew it.

Called Retention asked about canceling my subscription. Told them I was willing to pay to get out of my contract. Received NFL Sunday Ticket free for the year. $10 off my bill per month for 24 months, free HD for 12 months, all movie channels and sports pack free for 2 months. And an additional $15 off my bill this month. I hate that I don't have the channels but I am hoping they will resolve their dispute soon. We'll see.

Viacom is now quoting the cnn article and telling people to call directv to get free stuff now too.

How low will Viacom go? They have already showed they could care less about their ENTIRE VIEWER BASE, not just DIRECTV customers but removing all online streaming.

I should note that while SatelliteGuys was mentioned a few times in the article we were not contacted by CNN about the article nor did we know about the article until it was published.

Supporting DirecTV

I just got off the phone with DirecTV and nicely asked if there were any credits for their customers because of this dispute. The lady was very nice and gave me a $5 credit. She also mentioned the free Encore channels but since I've been a new customer for 1 month now, I'm already getting them for free anyway. I can't complain too much because as a new subscriber I got some good freebies so I'm satisfied with the $5 credit.

For what it's worth, I also said that I wanted to make it known to them that I was supporting them and said that DirecTV shouldn't give in to Viacom. I also said that if those channels never came back, I wouldn't miss them. After that, I added: "Did I say this out loud enough?" (Laughs on both sides of the phone.)

Behind DirecTV 100% on this one!

I called today to cancel Showtime and got offered a nice deal if I would keep it and HBO, and I accepted that. Didn't ask for anything because of the Viacom mess because it doesn't affect me as I don't watch anything on their package.

I did tell the CSR that I was behind the hard line that D* has taken and hoped that because of the two sat providers taking a hard line at the same time, maybe the message will get to the content providers.

Just got off the phone with them. I was able to Sunday Ticket Max and $10 off for 2 years. I was trying to hold out for a HR34 but they wouldn't budge. Not as good as some have gotten, but not bad either!

Just got off the phone with them. I was able to Sunday Ticket Max and $10 off for 2 years. I was trying to hold out for a HR34 but they wouldn't budge. Not as good as some have gotten, but not bad either!

Did they make you extend your contract for getting ST Max and $10 off for 2 years?

I guess being a customer since 1994, and paying over $150 a month doesn't count for much. I'm out of contract, all I was offered was the ST MAX for $150, and $10 off for 6 months, she did say there was a "better" ST offer yesterday, but it was unavailable now....

If this dispute is not resvolved soon, my 4 kids bugging me about NICK being gone are going to drive me nuts...

i waited on hold way too long last night and just hung up. too much hassle to call in for anything it seems

I've been on vacation and didn't even realize this was going on. I came here to see why I had 8000 channels suddenly appearing in my favorite list.

Too bad it's just Encore. There's never anything good on any of their channels

And here is an update from DIRECTV.

[h=6]It’s definitely been an undeservedly chaotic week for you. But we wanted to let you know we have been meeting several times daily with Viacom to bring back its most popular channels as soon as we can. We had more conversations today, and continue to thank you for your patience.

We don’t anticipate this lasting too much longer, but in the meantime, we just announced today that we’re adding one of the more sought after new family channels – Disney Junior – for tomorrow morning. You don’t need to do anything but have your kids in front of channel 289, where they can continue to see Disney favorites permanently. If your idea of a great weekend is less about children's programs and more about seeing the Boys of Summer hook it up, then we’re also opening up a free preview of MLB Extra Innings for all of our customers too. You can see action from every Major League Baseball diamond between now and July 19 on the 30 more channels between 719-749. That’ll include top weekend games like the Angels @ Yankees, Red Sox @ Rays, Cardinals @ Reds, Nationals @ Marlins and Mets @ Nationals, Giants @ Braves later in the week.

Rest assured, while you’re kicking back, we’ll still be hard at it, trying to make sure to get Viacom to reconnect you to the channels you most want. That’s not your business; it’s ours. And we mean to do it. Thanks again for your patience.
[/h]

underscore said:
I've been on vacation and didn't even realize this was going on. I came here to see why I had 8000 channels suddenly appearing in my favorite list.

Too bad it's just Encore. There's never anything good on any of their channels

I am surprised that people do not like Encore. They have different themes. They also air uncut, commercial-free movies. Encore "plays favorites."

I am surprised that people do not like Encore. They have different themes. They also air uncut, commercial-free movies. Encore "plays favorites."

I think it has more to do with the fact they aren't in HD.That would certainly give them more value.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts