directv on demand not working again

Status
Please reply by conversation.
M

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 15, 2004
After having my receiver for 2 weeks and directv on demand working now it is saying it can't detect the internet. It shows up on the outside of the router but when I go to router settings it doesn't see my directv receiver and the receiver can detect the network but not the internet. How can I get this fixed? I already reset both the receiver and the router, it's a wired setup and the wire is connected on both ends. I tried changing ports and that doesn't work on either the receiver or router end. I even tried manually putting in the internet settings in the receiver, still can't find the internet.
How can I fix this problem since I think I just troubleshot myself into a bad ethernet port of the receiver thus I might need a new receiver, any other suggestions?

Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 7, 2008
Matawan New Jersey
Did you try plugging the ethernet cable from your receiver directly into the modem to see if that works ? That would tell you if the router is defective or not.I had a similar problem recently and wound up purchasing a new router when I found out that the old one didn't work properly.

M

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 15, 2004
I still get internet all over the house so it's not the router. If it was the router I wouldn't get internet all over the house.

M

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 15, 2004
nope no proxy is set up.

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
IP. conflict?

Are you using manually assigned static IPs or dynamic?

Status
Please reply by conversation.