directv on demand not working again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
After having my receiver for 2 weeks and directv on demand working now it is saying it can't detect the internet. It shows up on the outside of the router but when I go to router settings it doesn't see my directv receiver and the receiver can detect the network but not the internet. How can I get this fixed? I already reset both the receiver and the router, it's a wired setup and the wire is connected on both ends. I tried changing ports and that doesn't work on either the receiver or router end. I even tried manually putting in the internet settings in the receiver, still can't find the internet.
How can I fix this problem since I think I just troubleshot myself into a bad ethernet port of the receiver thus I might need a new receiver, any other suggestions?

Did you try plugging the ethernet cable from your receiver directly into the modem to see if that works ? That would tell you if the router is defective or not.I had a similar problem recently and wound up purchasing a new router when I found out that the old one didn't work properly.

I still get internet all over the house so it's not the router. If it was the router I wouldn't get internet all over the house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)