Directv Onetime Free HD-DVR Upgrade to Valued Customers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
digiblur said:
Better than a piece of junk HR20 though.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

IMO, an HR20 is better than the HR21 through 23. The only ones better than the 20 are the 24 and 34.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPad using SatelliteGuys

mccoyrj said:
What's my chances of the tech swapping in that HR21 refurb for a new or refurb HR24?

Well if the receiver isn't activated the tech can't touch it. We're only able to service swap receivers that are activated but if you tell the tech what's going on I don't see why he wouldn't swap it if he has something newer on his truck

when i called yesterday about the locals being out, they mentioned i could get an upgrade
i said sure, only if its the hr-34
well its not a choice

Just bit the bullet and signed up for the whole home service with free equipment upgrade and $49 install fee

Tech came today to upgrade to SWM and MRV. Got a new HR24-500 DVR, new H25, and even a new dish since my old one decided to crap out on this very day (lucky for me, but not the tech...105 degrees in the sun today). Couldn't get him to swap out the HR21 because my order was so screwed up that his supervisor didn't want to touch that thing. Apparently I was scheduled to receive installation of 7 receivers, but nothing was on there about the SWM and whole-home upgrade. Unbelievable how incompetent DTV's sales people are.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I got pretty much all my standard receivers upgraded to new HD ones, have less cable around the house, and have practically quadrupled my DVR recording capacity. The tech was great this time too! :)

My installer just called to confirm the time he will be at my house today and while he was on the phone I asked him if he happened to have an HR24 in his truck. He said that is the one I cam getting.

What is better than 1 HR24? How about 2 HRs24's? The installer noticed that I had an HR20-100 and he said do you want to upgrade that as well? I said of course. He said he will just do a swap and tell DirecTV that the HR20 no longer works and needs to be replaced.

Changed my Dish to the SWM SL3 LNB. I told him I take my receivers to my other home which still has the 5 LNB arm. So he left me a couple of B-Band converters that I can add and showed me how the change the settings on the receiver to match the other Dish type.

Last edited:
Wow I hope I get the same luck you guys had. I remember people saying the HR24 hadn't been performing as well anymore; is that still the case?

Sent from my iPhone

DodgerKing said:
What is better than 1 HR24? How about 2 HRs24's? The installer noticed that I had an HR20-100 and he said do you want to upgrade that as well? I said of course. He said he will just do a swap and tell DirecTV that the HR20 no longer works and needs to be replaced.

I would swear you was in the indi market because that's what we all do ;)

DodgerKing said:
And my remote collection keeps growing. I now have 7 spare remotes.

They don't take those back? Good news since one of mine has gone bad

Sent from my iPhone

Whole home questions:

1. In the play list menu I can see everything that has been recorded on both DVRs. Is there a way to separate the list so I know which recordings are on which DVR?
  2. Is there a way to see how much recording space is left on one DVR from the other DVR?
  3. Is there a way to see the Series Manager of the other DVR?

DodgerKing said:
Everytime I get an equipment upgrade or swap, they let me keep my old remotes

It will be nice if they do this for me

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)