SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
Arizona
directv only has 9 HD channels and i need a dish
I start with directv on march 1 i should of stayed with dish network
channels are blurry and pixeled , i called CS and they put me on hold
i need help:mad:

If you are within 14 days of your D* installation, you can cancel without any fees as long as you send back all their equipment.

kds64 said:
i own the equipment, see people should not brag about things

Maybe you should have done some research before buying.
Coming on here and crying and moaning after the fact will do you no good. :river

Call D* and cancel, sell your equipment on eBay,
then you can come back here and sing the praises of the "perfection" that is Dish.:rolleyes:

kds64 said:
directv only has 9 HD channels and i need a dish
I start with directv on march 1 i should of stayed with dish network
channels are blurry and pixeled , i called CS and they put me on hold
i need help:mad:

Wrong. Directv only has 2 HD channels, ESPNHD1 and 2. The rest are downrezzed at reduced bitrates. Ever heard of the threat of downrezzing over component cables? Directv does it at the source. So every 1920x 1080i Mpeg2 channel is downrezzed to 1280 x 1080i. http://www.widemovies.com/dfwbitrate.html

Last edited:
vurbano said:
Wrong. Directv only has 2 HD channels, ESPNHD1 and 2. The rest are downrezzed at reduced bitrates. Ever heard of the threat of downrezzing over component cables? Directv does it at the source. So every 1920x 1080i Mpeg2 channel is downrezzed to 1280 x 1080i. http://www.widemovies.com/dfwbitrate.html

Watch out what you say... It has been posted too many times already... The D* defenders will try to tell you not to post these types of post... They are too many anywhere... Why you do not do us a favor Vurbano so that you do not have to post more on the D* forum, cancel D* (being sarcastic)? :D

Attachments

• yhst-72122278738012_1883_11050200 stanley bros.gif
    yhst-72122278738012_1883_11050200 stanley bros.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
dragon002 said:
this is like a record skipping,over, and over, and over:( ad nauseum.
http://obrotherdoundtrack.com

If Kds64 is within a 14 day grace period he deserves not to jerked around trying a bunch of things to make his picture quality better. Do you not think he has the right to make an informed choice? And not waste his time trying to make his picture look better when that is impossible with D*? I dont see anyone else here telling him what the problem is and you are the last one that is going to tell him.

I hear alot of people talking about D*'s HD service could be better in this forum but in the Dish Forum I see people leaving E* because of customer service or some type of crap like that. Funny how the worst thing with Directv is not customer service.

jamielee said:
If you bought the equipment from Best Buy or Circuit City, and I want to say any other retailer, you have a 30 day period where you can return the equipment.

that is correct, you have 30 days to return it UNACTIVATED. if it is activated, you cant return it.

This is total baloney and I can't believe that you guys are going back at it again. The guy has been a member of this forum since Nov. Your telling me that you could read through these posts and not have figured everything out by now....like how many channels a service has? Your telling me that somesone wouldn't know the customer service or PQ issues yet, while being a member of this forum???.PLEASE...This is ridiculous. I don't care that he has a problem. With his "I should have gotten dish". He is an idiot, I don't believe the post. And too bad if it's real. And a brilliant title....should have been..."I am an idiot" and I want to cry to my mommy"

Last edited:
FlyingJ said:
This is total baloney and I can't believe that you guys are going back at it again. The guy has been a member of this forum since Nov. Your telling me that you could read through these posts and not have figured everything out by now....like how many channels a service has? Your telling me that somesone wouldn't know the customer service or PQ issues yet, while being a member of this forum???.PLEASE...This is ridiculous. I don't care that he has a problem. With his "I should have gotten dish". He is an idiot, I don't believe the post. And too bad if it's real. And a brilliant title....should have been..."I am an idiot" and I want to cry to my mommy"

:D LMAO:D Finally someone telling it like it is!!!!!.......I have to agree with you J....I think I speak for everyone when I say we are all here to voice our suggestions and/or opinions, and we will help in any way we can........ but we are not here to wipe your ass, hold your hand, or let you cry on our shoulder!!:no

Bottom Line..... Let it go man and watch your TV or pay the money and switch to E* but please whatever you do ......stop whining!!:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)