Directv or dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yea, I have them coming out today 12-4 but its gonna rain this afternoon, so well see. Down in south Florida, they shouldn't schedule afternoon slots because it rains everyday afternoon. This was a easy decision since I went thru the Costco link and will receive a $200 Costco gift card. You don't even have to be a Costco member for this benefit which is totally wierd.

I was gonna ask if you had to be a Costco sub, but you answered it for me !

HIGHLANDER !

Christopher Lambert starred, was a great movie, one you had to watch over and over to catch it all !

After the original movie, the sequels were never as good.

Good job Jimbo!!!!
I know its off topic. WhenIt came out in the 80s
I must have seen it 20 times..

Also, awesome soundtrack by Queen..
Loved that movie!

Dish gives ipad 2 free with the 2 year agreement. DirecTV gives free Sunday Ticket. Both can be called a $300 value so to speak.

Here's me 2 cents, I wouldn't decide programming just because somebody is going to give me an iPad even if its the newest one available but with that said our Sunday ticket is only usable 16 days a YEAR vs an iPad that could be used daily. Like said though, I wouldn't decide just because of an iPad but I don't think it's fair comparing an iPad to ST even though they're are the same price. ;)

I'm not saying that DISH isn't capable of increasing their rates (just like DIRECTV did). Yes, the INTRO rates are only TEASER rates and one has to fully consider what the end result will be of the 24 month agreement. To me, saving $300 during the first year was appealing.

I always calculate the total spent to the end of the initial commitment (ie. 2 years) and also the total spent if I'm lazy and don't bother to do anything for a year after that.. and compare those #'s across my options.

You can't know for sure how much rates/fees will change.. I just figure they'll all go up a comparable amt.

Not certain, but I think the iPad is a (mild) mistake.. ie. you'd be better off taking the deals without the iPad.. accumulating the extra monthly savings, and go buy a refurb iPad from Apple.

I own a new malibu! How do you think I feel Jimbo!

Have you seen the new Impala's ?

I got my Fusion before the Impalas came out, but then again I wouldn't have got an Impala anyways, thats what I traded in ...

I looked at the Malibu's but liked the Fusion better.

Last edited:
Malibu's and Fusions looked almost identical a couple of years ago, now the Fusion has the Malibu covered,big time, at least in looks. this coming from a diehard Chevy guy.

you mean I'm not the only one? I loved that movie the first time I saw it and only liked it more with each viewing. I am not all that into artsy stuff but the camera work on that movie was fantastic. Also, I loved the soundtrack as well and once saw it on cd at a store and said I had to have it...to top it off it was on the discount rack for $5. Nothing I don't like about that movie....

Anyway, I am in a somewhat similar situation. I don't know if I am a "new" subscriber or not as I have had DTV for 15 years but have been out of contract for the past 10 months. I called once to see what they could do for me and I really wasn't given many enticements. Now my wife is really complaining about the bill and wants me to cancel so we can go with some kind of cable bc of how cheap it is. I don't want to do that bc I love satellite but can't justify the $110/month bill. Currently, I have 2 boxes (HR 22-100 and HR 24-200) and have Choice Xtra Classic along with dvr and hd fees. I don't mind signing another contract so what is the best thing for me to do? I have only once before called in to get a discount from a CSR but that was years ago. I don't like threatening to quit but, ultimately will because it has become too expensive. I never wanted to do the 2 years here, 2 years there but will do so if that is what it takes...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Rob

Good job Jimbo!!!!
I know its off topic. WhenIt came out in the 80s
I must have seen it 20 times..

Also, awesome soundtrack by Queen..
Loved that movie!

Have you seen the new Impala's ?

I got my Fusion before the Impalas came out, but then again I wouldn't have got an Impala anyways, thats what I traded in ...

I looked at the Malibu's but liked the Fusion better.

Yeah I actually looked at one but didn't want the payment that came with it. I just traded my terrain in for it to try and start saving some cash for when we decide to build a home. My brother works at a GM plant up in Ft Wayne showed me pics of the 2014 silverado and it was awesome now the dealership down the road from my house has a few, if they wasnt starting around 44k I'd own one!

Ok, I'm a car guy, I work at an auto parts store, but can someone tell me how this post went from a D* or E* to a Chevy vs Ford. What's next, which is the better auto parts store, O'reillys or Auto Zone. ;):)

Ok, I'm a car guy, I work at an auto parts store, but can someone tell me how this post went from a D* or E* to a Chevy vs Ford. What's next, which is the better auto parts store, O'reillys or Auto Zone. ;):)

O'reillys all the way, DUH! Lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts