DirecTV patrolling their forums

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TexasTodd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Lewisville, TX
Anybody been over to the DirecTV forums on their website?? Looks like the techs over there are watching what people are saying on there and are deleting their posts. Funny stuff.

I've visted a few times and cannot stand the layout. They ought to hire a "professional" (Scott and Lou) to do things right.

only if you are a conspiracy theorist; they are likely removing rude, vulgar or otherwise language that may be deemed offensive or banned. These are the MORE LIKELY scenarios.

What D* techs should worry about is the supposed glitch not reading loyal upset customers frustrations. That just adds more unproffesionalism at D* they just man up and fix the problem its 2007 not 1907 technology is not that behind lite up the channels or give us an exact time this will be solved

I'd never visit forums about a service I'm paying for that was run by them. 10 kinds of wrong with that scenario.

It's not that simple especially if it's a software bug that's causing the delay. I worked in tech for many years and sometimes there are issue that are showstoppers and sometimes you're able to live with the bugs and just go ahead and go live. Apparently this one is serious enough and unfortunately it's not a mechanical thing where you can put out an exact ETA.

It sucks as a customer, but that's just the nature of the business.

Seems to me that when a company hires people that are not proficient with the language, their intention is not to communicate.

What D* techs should worry about is the supposed glitch not reading loyal upset customers frustrations. That just adds more unproffesionalism at D* they just man up and fix the problem its 2007 not 1907 technology is not that behind lite up the channels or give us an exact time this will be solved

What ? Again what is it you are saying?

Anyway, satellite transmission techs and board moderators ARE NOT one in the same. Are you kidding? Do you know what you are saying?

They deleted my post questioning why everyone gets different deals. I have been a customer in very good standing for quite some time and they didn't give me a deal on some HD stuff but they gave some joe blow that has been a customer a year an HR20 for $ of shipping... It was just a question asking what the magic word was. lol I don't think that they liked it.

They deleted my post questioning why everyone gets different deals. I have been a customer in very good standing for quite some time and they didn't give me a deal on some HD stuff but they gave some joe blow that has been a customer a year an HR20 for $ of shipping... It was just a question asking what the magic word was. lol I don't think that they liked it.

Common sense goes a long way.

I'd never visit forums about a service I'm paying for that was run by them. 10 kinds of wrong with that scenario.

My company web site is not the NY Times. It says what we want it to say. I'm not surprised that negative posts are removed.

That's what the Forums are for.

Go away troll!! I have not seen a positive post from you yet, in all of the 16 you have made today.

Grow up clown!!!

I'm a TechKnow guide over at the DirecTV forum and we don't have the ability to remove posts, we are not "moderators". None of the TechKnow guides work for DirecTV. DirecTV themselves review/moderate the forum; it's clearly stated to be a technical help forum not a general DirecTV forum, although DirecTV seems fairly liberal in its interpretation of technical help. They do allow some non-technical "frustration"-type posts. But if you want to sound off about problems you have with DirecTV on service pricing, "deals", customer service issues and so on, you can e-mail or write DirecTV. Or post at satelliteguys, many people from DirecTV read the forums.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)