Directv please add Al Jazeera English

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Channel 375, LinkTV is showing Al Jazeera English. I don't know if it's full time or not. I found the info on Al Jazeera's web site. It is the same as the internet live feed.

As of 1:45PM, it's back to normal LinkTV programming........

Last edited:
I just hope if Direct or Dish decides to run it...I hope it doesn't get scrambled on FTA Ku 97West. Lord knows we lost some good channels in the last two years...

We can't even even get BBC America in HD.
Get in line waiting for Al Gizeeria to be added anytime soon.

I just hope if Direct or Dish decides to run it...I hope it doesn't get scrambled on FTA Ku 97West. Lord knows we lost some good channels in the last two years...

Al Jazeera is FTA with a simple DVB receiver on both C and Ku bands. I don't think they will scramble. As far as Direct picking them up I doubt it. I don't think most are interested in that channel except the news hounds. Direct is in the process of trimming the fat right now to save money. Adding lowed viewed channels is not what they are looking for unless Al Jazeera paid them to air it. I don't see that happening.

removed the "political" posts. Obviously some folks havent seen Al Jazeera English and make their judgement on what they are told or read about Al Jazeera. It is not like Al Jazeera at all. AJE is just a news channel with a different perspective on the world. Much like PressTV, Russia Today and CCTV9.

Thanks Iceberg. I didn't mean this to be political. I am just asking D* to add more diversity to their informational programming. And even if I don't agree with Al Jazeera's perspective, I am interested in knowing what their take is. BTW, their Internet stream is still buffering a lot so apparently I am not the only one who is interested in their perspective.

no worries. It was only one post and a response. Some folks think Al Jazeera English is the same as Al Jazeera which is totally incorrect.

It's not about DIRECTV not adding "diversity" to their informational programming they just don't feel like adding a channel hardly no one will watch.

oh there is plenty of "no one will watch" channels out there that D* does carry....and I bet those stations dont pay D* to carry them (ala the knockoff shopping channels).

Just because YOU dont like it, doesnt mean other folks do want it carried.

It's not about DIRECTV not adding "diversity" to their informational programming they just don't feel like adding a channel hardly no one will watch.
i could say the same thing about plenty of channels, but SOMEONE watches them, making them valuable. at least AJE would provide something unlike some of those channels(i'm talking to you 50000 shopping channels!)

LINK TV now carrying Al Jazeera English live throughout most of the day.

Link TV ( Directv channel 375 / Dish Network channel 9410 ) programming will be interrupted by a LIVE broadcast of Al Jazeera English during these times:
11pm ET - 4am ET
5am ET - 9am ET
10am ET - 11am ET
12pm ET - 2pm ET
check www.linktv.org for the latest updates.

http://twitter.com/linktv

Last edited:
not sure why a totally new thread was started but here are the details from the link listed

Link TV DirecTV 375 / LIVE broadcast of Al Jazeera English during these times:

11pm ET - 4am ET
5am ET - 9am ET
10am ET - 11am ET
12pm ET - 2pm ET

A new thread was needed which is why I started one, the Link TV programming announcement warranted its own title and thread. This thread was about requesting carriage.

Latest info

ALERT: 2/1/11 - Programming will be interrupted by a LIVE broadcast of Al Jazeera English during these times:
•3:00pm - 4:30pm ET
•5:00pm - 6:00pm ET
•7:00pm - 7:30pm ET
DISH Ch. 9410 & DirecTV Ch. 375

More times announced later check www.linktv.org for the latest updates.
http://twitter.com/linktv

Last edited:
A new thread was needed
actually it doesn't. If someone wants to read about AJE and D* trying to add it your posts about where to see it right now fits this thread just fine :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts