Directv Plus DVR (R15) lights - turn them off?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edmartin

Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Does anyone know how to turn off the annoying bright lights on the Directv Plus DVR / R15? We have it in our bedroom and it's like having the HAL 9000's younger blue-eyed brother in there staring at us through the night. Our TV has a sleep timer on it which we use but the R15 doesn't seem to have one. Short of duct tape, does anyone have any ideas?

I was playing around with this yesterday and you can use the BLACK arrows on the white remote. just use the right and left arrows and you can sit clear across the room and shut them off..

I know it hard to do and you might need some help but read the manual that came with the unit, it tells you in there how to either dim them or turn them off.

No big deal, guys. I didn't take any offense. I do feel like a dope that I missed it.

For what it's worth, I did read & search through the manual before asking and even searched the 'net (which is how I found this forum). I guess I never expected it to be burried as a sub-title on the page with the diagram of the front of the box (does anybody read the "this is the power button stuff?). And I certainly didn't know about being able to use the remote (not in the manual at all).

No big deal, guys. I didn't take any offense. I do feel like a dope that I missed it.

For what it's worth, I did read & search through the manual before asking and even searched the 'net (which is how I found this forum). I guess I never expected it to be burried as a sub-title on the page with the diagram of the front of the box (does anybody read the "this is the power button stuff?). And I certainly didn't know about being able to use the remote (not in the manual at all).

Sorry I helped in messing up your thread wrt the guy beating up on you about the manual thing.

Anyways, glad it worked out.

Video

DO you guys know if you can download the video content of the DVR to your pc (like TIVO) I haven't been able to find anything on it but i'd like to know if it is possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)