DirecTV PPV Football Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Will94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
USA
As I remember, there is a DirecTV employee on this board who provides unofficial support. I want to buy the Idaho at Texas A&M PPV football game tomorrow and am beyond frustrated with DirecTV's website. I don't have a landline, so I need to order the game online to avoid the $5 over the phone fee.

First, I know from A&M's athletic department website that the game is being produced in HD.
Pay-Per-View for Idaho Football Game - Texas A&M Official Athletic Site - AggieAthletics.com
FOX Sports Southwest announced today that it will distribute the Sept. 17 Idaho-Texas A&M college football game at 6:00 PM CT on pay-per-view to participating program providers. Suggested retail price is $39.95. The pay-per-view telecast will be available in high-definition.
This URL on the DirecTV website says that the game is in HD on channel 786-1.
DIRECTV College Football - Pay Per View Games
The following games will be available to order on September 17, 2011:
Georgia vs. Costal Carolina - 1:00 PM ET - Channel 785 - (SD only -available in Georgia and South Carolina only)
Idaho vs. Texas A&M - 7:00 PM ET - Channel 786 (SD) 786-1 (HD)
Western Illinois vs. Missouri- 7:00 PM ET - Channel 787 (SD) 787-1 (HD)
However, when I go to the order page on DirecTV's website, I get...

idaho.jpg

...which shows the game clearly not in HD. I am afraid that if I order online, I am going to get channel 786 but not 786-1. Does anyone here have experience with this? Even better would be the unofficial DirecTV support person.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Just call and ask them to waive the fee. If you havent ordered before, they will.

My guide shows 786 & 786-1 as the game
the -1 is normally the HD feed

Attachments

• PICT0113.JPG
    PICT0113.JPG
    878 KB · Views: 136
the link from the aggie site says its in HD

Satellite (Nationwide) DirecTV 786-1 (HD) | 786 (SD)

I've ordered it on their website. My fear is that I've bought 786 but not 786-1. Someone that I know on another board has an email from DirecTV assuring him that his online order was indeed for both channels. I've got my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

I would assume (and really I shouldn't but I'll assume on this one) because the HD feed is the same price as the SD feed (unlike boxing/rasslin PPV's) you'll get both
The boxing/rasslin/mma feeds are usually like 123 for SD and 124 for HD. This is the same channel in essence

I was not aware D* offered these games in HD. What's next GP HD?
I think that GamePlan is fading away. ABC used to show something like four regional feeds. Today there are two, and the other game is on ESPN. Also, espn3.com now streams every game on GamePlan and a lot more. The last couple of seasons that I had GamePlan, the PQ was dismal.

I did get the HD feed. It was very nice too... plenty of bandwidth.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)