DIRECTV Ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction in J.D. Power Study

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
DIRECTV Ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction in J.D. Power and Associates Satellite/Cable TV Study; Eastern Region Award Marks the Second Time DIRECTV Has Received a Top Ranking for Customer Satisfaction This YearEL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 16, 2006--DIRECTV has been ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Satellite/Cable TV Subscribers" in the 13-state Eastern region of the United States, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2006 Residential Cable/Satellite TV Customer Satisfaction Study(SM).
DIRECTV has received the highest ranking three previous times in J.D. Power national customer satisfaction studies, and earlier this year received the highest score for customer satisfaction among satellite and cable TV companies rated by the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI).
In a change in format for this year's study, J.D. Power and Associates is recognizing the highest-ranked companies in each of four regions in the United States - East, South, North/Central and West - rather than naming a single company as the #1 Cable/Satellite provider in the nation. The East region is comprised of 13 states, including the six New England states and New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia and Virginia.
"Our highest ranking by J.D. Power and Associates represents another mark of excellence in customer satisfaction for DIRECTV this year," said John Suranyi, DIRECTV's president of Sales and Customer Service. "And while it's an honor to be recognized by J.D. Power and Associates and ACSI, we are not resting on our laurels. We will continue to look at how we can improve all aspects of our business - from technology to content to customer service - and provide an even better experience for our customers."
In addition to rolling out ground-breaking interactive sports programming, new original programming like CD USA, and expanding its local HD programming to 36 markets, DIRECTV is continuing to reinforce its commitment to providing world-class service for its customers.
In June, DIRECTV announced the expansion of its Denver operations hub next year, centralizing the management of its nationwide customer care operations and adding a new technical support call center for advanced products. With the opening in September of its fourth owned and operated technical call center in Missoula, Mont., DIRECTV will have built one of the largest and most sophisticated customer care operations in the industry and will be in a strong position to continue to support its growing customer base and the rollout of more new products and services.
This year's J.D. Power and Associates Customer Satisfaction Study is based on responses from 15,819 satellite TV and cable households nationwide.
J.D. Power and Associates is a global marketing information services firm operating in key business sectors including market research, forecasting, consulting, training and customer satisfaction.
About DIRECTV, Inc.
DIRECTV, Inc. is the nation's leading digital television service provider with more than 15.5 million customers. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo are registered trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV (NYSE:DTV) is a world-leading provider of digital multichannel television entertainment. DIRECTV is approximately 39 percent owned by News Corporation.

SOURCE: DIRECTV, Inc.

From TV Predictions:

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Does DIRECTV Care About HDTV?

DIRECTV: The HDTV 'Misleader'
Once again, the satcaster pushes back the launch of its new High-Definition DVR.
By Phillip Swann

Washington, D.C. (July 25, 2006) -- DIRECTV has once again delayed the launch of its new High-Definition TV DVR. But this time, a Wall Street analyst says it could force high-def owners to sign up for another service.

And that could hurt the satcaster's subscription growth and stock price.

"We're skeptical investors will continue to give DIRECTV a free pass," Sanford C. Bernstein analyst Craig Moffett said yesterday in a note to investors.

DIRECTV says the HD Digital Video Recorder now won't be available until the Fall.

The satcaster initially said the HD DVR would be available in the spring of this year. But it changed that to the summer; then the end of the summer; now it's the "Fall."

Moffett said HDTV owners may not be willing to wait for DIRECTV to release the high-def recorder -- and expand its HD lineup. DIRECTV now offers fewer than 10 national HDTV channels while rival EchoStar provides 29.

"Product shortages will only delay the inevitable, in our view," said Moffett, suggesting that DIRECTV may start losing subscribers to EchoStar and cable operators who now offer more high-def channels and services.

DIRECTV last year made headlines by announcing that it would launch four new satellites over two years that would enable it to provide 150 national HD channels -- and local HD channels in most markets -- by 2007. But thus far, DIRECTV's primary focus has been on adding the local high-def channels. The satcaster has added just two national HD channels in the last year -- ESPN 2 HD and TNT HD.

Swanni Sez:
Moffett is correct that DIRECTV's HDTV customers are getting impatient. Many cable operators now offer twice as many HD channels as DIRECTV -- and a high-def Digital Video Recorder. And EchoStar has approximately three times as many national HDTV channels, plus the HD recorder.

If DIRECTV doesn't expand its national HD lineup soon, it will lose current subs -- and it will lose future subs in the growing HDTV audience.

The HDTV delays are inexcusable and more evidence that DIRECTV's management does not truly appreciate the needs of the high-def audience. David Hill, DIRECTV's president of entertainment, once said that he didn't understand why everyone is excited about HDTV. It appears that Mr. Hill's sentiments are shared by some of his colleagues.

While DIRECTV is investing heavily in new satellites for the future, there's no sense of urgency in providing its current HDTV customers with better service.

(I will give DIRECTV credit for rolling out local HD channels in dozens of markets this year, but cable TV operators have offered local HD for a few years now. You expect DIRECTV to offer something better than cable.)

Several years ago, when U.S. stores first began selling high-def sets, DIRECTV was quick to add a few HD channels so early adopters would have something to watch.

Consequently, at the time, DIRECTV was considered the "HDTV Leader."

But now, DIRECTV has become the "HDTV Misleader."

It's time for DIRECTV to stop making promises and start delivering new services.

http://www.tvpredictions.com/2006/07/does-directv-care-about-hdtv.html

Last edited:
vurbano said:

From TV Predictions:

LOL you just showed how bias you are, as the DVr was in limited release in LA and will be out soon. Vurbano I am tired of your Crap....I understand you have a right to say how you feel, and post articles, but dont mislead people and continually bash a company for no reason, so far today, Directv has the worst customer service (this is what you said according to the two sat companies out there) right after that they post Directv is number one, and now your bringing in a outdated article.....Sad, it really is.

I would love to see how they conduct this study....I really would.

Hoenstly, I just left them because how bad their customer service has become. It is, in a word, AWFULL.

Now, you can say perhaps it was an isolated insodent....But when the tech doesnt come out , with no call, three time in a row...It's not isolated. Second, when I need to talk to some girll from India AFTER I try to tell a machine my prolem....It's not an isolated insodent.

Finally, I had DirecTV for 6 years and everyone of my freinds have it as well...They still do...ALL OF THEM.....

ALL of them hate the customer service. The only reason this company is still in business is the NFL Sunday Ticket....That's the truth.

vismich-first that sounds like a techs fault as they have to hire techs around the country, they dont have DIrectv direct techs....secondly, the india comment makes me think of my dishnetwork days as thats all you spoke to. And the truth is, they would be fine without sunday ticket, just to let you know, so your truth is wrong.

vismich said:
I would love to see how they conduct this study....I really would.

Hoenstly, I just left them because how bad their customer service has become. It is, in a word, AWFULL.

Now, you can say perhaps it was an isolated insodent....But when the tech doesnt come out , with no call, three time in a row...It's not isolated. Second, when I need to talk to some girll from India AFTER I try to tell a machine my prolem....It's not an isolated insodent.

Finally, I had DirecTV for 6 years and everyone of my freinds have it as well...They still do...ALL OF THEM.....

ALL of them hate the customer service. The only reason this company is still in business is the NFL Sunday Ticket....That's the truth.
The first thing you need to learn is how to use spell check. The second thing is you need to cool off, chill out etc. DISH is the one with the Indian call center, Directv does have one in the Phillipines that could be better. From your other posts about your signal strengths on 31" dishes I would say you are your own worst enemy. J.D. Powers does need to be taken with a grain of salt, but you and Vurbano need a ton of salt.

I am just fired up about DirecTV...I was very pissed a week ago...Belive it or not, I have cooled down...A bit

over my years with D* I've never had a good experenice with CS...........most can't speak english and have no idea what your talking about.
I too would like to know how JD gets those numbers, they sure the hell have never called me.

rkr0923 said:
over my years with D* I've never had a good experenice with CS...........most can't speak english and have no idea what your talking about.
I too would like to know how JD gets those numbers, they sure the hell have never called me.

Shhhhhhhhhh.. they think the emporer is clothed.;)

Last edited:
stuart628 said:
LOL you just showed how bias you are, as the DVr was in limited release in LA and will be out soon. Vurbano I am tired of your Crap....I understand you have a right to say how you feel, and post articles, but dont mislead people and continually bash a company for no reason, so far today, Directv has the worst customer service (this is what you said according to the two sat companies out there) right after that they post Directv is number one, and now your bringing in a outdated article.....Sad, it really is.

1. the article is less than 1 month old :rolleyes:
2. AS far as I know NO one has seen this Mystery DVR yet . :rolleyes:
3. I said their customer service still beats E*'s.
4. Just where in the Heck is the super duper pipedream whole home media center?

So who is misleading who?

Last edited:
The article itself was published on 7/26....but the article was already outdated when it was published and you know that.

The only people that think that no one has seen the new DVR are you and the ones that think OJ didn't do it. (I would have brought up Jon Benet's parents too but ooops)

FlyingJ said:
The article itself was published on 7/26....but the article was already outdated when it was published and you know that.
Perhaps I should find one published on 8/26/2006????:rolleyes:

FlyingJ said:
The only people that think that no one has seen the new DVR are you and the ones that think OJ didn't do it. (I would have brought up Jon Benet's parents too but ooops)

Thanks for the confirmation. No one has seen it. BTW that Ramsey comment is in really bad taste.

vurbano said:

Thanks for the confirmation. No one has seen it. BTW that Ramsey comment is in really bad taste.

Now you are the morality police too. Guess you can't watch Leno but I didn't know it was because you think the jokes are in bad taste, I thought it was because of the PQ . What the heck is that thing that Earl has been pulling apart???

Last edited:
vurbano said:

Thanks for the confirmation. No one has seen it.

Darn that guy Earl sure went to a whole heap of troulbe to perpetuate this hoax.:eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)