Directv receiver problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dennis Brown

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I have three HR24's connected to the same satellite dish. None of them work properly. On the worse one the picture freezes sometimes every day or night. As such, programs are rarely recorded. Sometime an error message comes on indicating that the signal has been lost. I've checked the connections and they're all ok. Once I reset the received everything's ok ... for a while. The other two receivers periodically lose signal but quickly regain it. The Directv folks have not been helpful. Even after their usual tests the receivers continue to malfunction. Last week a customer service rep indicated that there was a software problem that the Directv technicians would have corrected by the weekend. The weekend is over and the problems persist.
The reps refused to replace any of the receivers.

I appealed to a supervisor who was not helpful and also refused to replace the receivers.

Does anyone have any idea what recourse I have other than moving to another service provider.

Please describe your setup, is it a swm or are you using a multiswitch? What are you signal levels on all of the satellites?

It's a swim. Assuming you are referring to signal strength, the transponders all register 95-99.

They have not changed the LNB and don't appear to want to do anything. I have been a Directv subscriber for a long time. I spend more than $200/month for my programming. I don't understand why they are treating me in such a shabby manner.

maybe cabling issues or HDD issues on maybe 1 of your HR24's
I would call Directv again and press on the issue, they should be able to send a technician.

I assume you have checked all of the cabling, including the power inserter. It does sound like an lnb, but could be a common cable between the dish and the splitter. Have you requested a service call?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts