DIRECTV reception in Edmonton, Alberta

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

StraightEdge

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
I have been using the 1.2 meter Alaska/Hawaii dish with the DTVKAKU 99/101/103 LNB for years now. My problem is that my signal levels on 99 and 103 are not that great compared to 101. I get 97-100 for 101 but I get 30-60s on 99, 30s-70s on 103cb and 0-70s on 103 ca. I hear that most people with this setup here have the same issues but is there something we are missing? It confuses me how I can get high 70s on transponders 23 and 24 on 103ca yet 0-20s on transponders 9 and 10 on the same satellite. I have tweeked the AZ and EL countless times. I have read about tilting the dish but have no clue how to do it or if it would even make a difference. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Those two transponders on 103ca may happen to be stronger than the rest. According to the satmaps, you shouldn't get much of any signal at all, which is what you have!

I think the tilt is important. As per dishpointer.com the reccomended tilt for Edmonton is -9.1 so 90- - 9.1 would be 99.1 (remember at 90 the dish is straight up and down) so you have to move it 9 degrees. That is what I set my slimline to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)