HR24-500 states "No Internet Connection"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

forsberg21

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
PA
I have an HR24-500 connected to my Comcast Wireless Gateway Router via ethernet. I only have the HR24-500 and no other boxes, so I don't need any multiple room viewing features (MRV.) My question is......I am able to get any on demand stuff that I want with my DVR. No problem whatsoever doing this. However, when I use the "right arrow" to check my internet connection, it states I have no internet connection. How could this be true? I am confused, because if I have the on demand feature working, aren't I connected?

Anyone give me some insight into what I could do to try to make the DVR state that I am "connected?" (By the way, I am at work, so I can't go and check on anything at this time or try anything else either.....but some insight and suggestions as to what I can do when I get home would be appreciated!) :)

Try re-running the network setup again. If that doesn't work, re-boot the receiver.

Thanks for the reply rob. So are you suggesting I unplug the router and wait 30 or so seconds and then plug it back in and try to "connect" again? I have done a restart (held in the red button on the front of the DVR) and that didn't work. I have not tried to "reset" the router. Has there been good success with other people unplugging the router?

Thanks lacubs. Did that permanently fix it...or do you still need to do it once in a while? If so, about how often?
once in a while, if you don't use VOD often don't worry about it your internet connection will go out / on all the time , even when i downloading a VOD a thing will pop up saying connection lost for a moment

Last edited:
once in a while, if you don't use VOD often don't worry about it your internet connection will go out / on all the time , even when i downloading a VOD a thing will pop up saying connection lost for a moment

I still find it strange that it will say I have no internet connection, but at the same time, I can go right ahead and download on demand shows and such and watch them. You would think it would state "connected" if I am able to download on demand stuff? I find this rather strange for sure?

I still find it strange that it will say I have no internet connection, but at the same time, I can go right ahead and download on demand shows and such and watch them. You would think it would state "connected" if I am able to download on demand stuff? I find this rather strange for sure?
if you able to download from demand why worry about it? that how would look at it? what does its say when you hit the dash button? does its say your connection to the internet there ?

I was actually suggesting your re-run the network settings on the receiver but if you already have an internet connection I wouldn't worry about a false report.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)