DIRECTV Remains Clear HD Leader with 130 HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Pretty sure D* didn't spend millions to build and launch a new satellite JUST for PPV or those two or three new HBO's in HD that aren't contracted yet. They built and launched the new sat's so that when contracts DID become finalized, they would be able to launch the newly contracted channels. Having a signed contract months before a satellite is launched and activated is like counting your chicks before they are hatched. But now that they have the space, they can go to those networks and say "Okay, we're now ready to discuss dollars and cents and get your programming up there." And there may still be plenty of networks that simply don't have the HD capabilities yet that have agreed in principle to broadcast their HD signals once they are ready. These new sat's (D10/11/12) will have plenty of room for just about any HD signal that is beamed from terra firma, so by the time D12 is up there, if there is HD available to D*, it will likely be rebroadcast by D*.

my issue with Directv is simple.....you knew that you would have the capacity and you knew what channels would be available when you lit up the satellite. so you should have planned in advance to have contracts ready for new channels. this is being reported at the other site that contracts are not in place. I still remain positive that we will see some great channels i just am confused about how the contracts and the timelines are being managed?

Lots of times it's NOT D*'s call, channels decide that they want more money than others in the same area of programming and a lot of other things go into contracts.
If it were up to D* don't you think they would have ALL the channels up and contracts signed and sealed ?
The networks and stations want to make as much as possibly, D* wants to pay fair value according to what other providers are paying.

Jimbo

I think its, funny, after the amazing fall D* had last year, that people are so negative about a sat that just became active. Give it time folks. I think people are a little spoiled. Could be worse, you could be a Dish network sub.

OH you mean D* price for HBO HD, Yea then your right $14+10 is $24 per month $288 per year. yea thats another D* deal. The most you'd pay for HBO HD is $264 per year on E*. $300 for MLB,$370 for NFL on D*

Hemi, I may be mistaken, but dont you have to have some sort of HD package to get HBO in HD with E*? You cant get JUST that in HD can you? If so, you left it out of the price on the E* side, yet added it to the D* side. Not really apples to apples, if I interpret it correctly.

OH you mean D* price for HBO HD, Yea then your right $14+10 is $24 per month $288 per year. yea thats another D* deal. The most you'd pay for HBO HD is $264 per year on E*. $300 for MLB,$370 for NFL on D*

Maybe he doesn't care about HBO. Sports have much more value to some people.

Hemi, I may be mistaken, but dont you have to have some sort of HD package to get HBO in HD with E*? You cant get JUST that in HD can you? If so, you left it out of the price on the E* side, yet added it to the D* side. Not really apples to apples, if I interpret it correctly.
$7 for HD enabling Fee which allows any premium in HD without subscribing to HD ,$10 for HBO with DVR atvantage pack, or $15 without DVR atvantage pack. $17x12= $204, $22x12= $264 on E*
D* its $14x10 no matter what for HBO and HD access =24x12= $288 For Less HD and Less HBO's . Thats why I was getting mad at them, and I'm sure others as well. Premiums are more money on D* for less channels. Sports is great but RSN pack is also $7-$12 on D* ,it $5.99 0n E*

$7 for HD enabling Fee which allows any premium in HD without subscribing to HD ,$10 for HBO with DVR atvantage pack, or $15 without DVR atvantage pack. $17x12= $204, $22x12= $264 on E*
D* its $14x10 no matter what for HBO and HD access =24x12= $288 For Less HD and Less HBO's . Thats why I was getting mad at them, and I'm sure others as well. Premiums are more money on D* for less channels. Sports is great but RSN pack is also $7-$12 on D* ,it $5.99 0n E*

Ok, I see that you corrected it in a previous post. I understand now. ThanksYes, even the sports package is more expensive on D*, however you know as well as anyone that there is a huge difference in what you get between the two. $5.99 gets you next to nothing with the RSNs on E*.

I didn't really want to get off track ,my point is a see a lot of ???? about the up coming HD launch. I see alot of demands for HD channels other then sports and PPV. IMO D* has plenty of HD sports 100's more then cable They should be laying of the adding RSN's and PPV and focus on more Networks,Premiums. So now when they max out the D11 with PPV,RSN and excisting premiums, D* customers will be sitting for another year waiting for them. If that doesn't happen then thats great ,but I this some are worried thats whats in store.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Installation Question

RV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts