DIRECTV Remains Clear HD Leader with 130 HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know what MPEG4 is. What is the AVC?? Will this be every hd channel??

Ive already heard the news about Dish's 1080p VOD plans, just likes DIsh's Mpeg4 conversion. D*'s Mpeg2/Mpeg4 simulcast stuff goes live this week, and even if Dish beats D* to the 1080p line, Dish's PQ will make the service inferior.

As far as 1080p VOD, I could care less, Ill stick with BR.

I just got off the phone with Tech support at D they said what I thought, no way to transmit 1080P.. Then I reread the post and I looked there is no date on it.. I believe it is not true!!! Can some with a lot more knowledge please let us know..

I am waiting on the edge of my couch for some thing new from satt D11…..!!!!!!

Did you really just just post that you called their tech support and asked about a future service, then call it untrue due to the answer you got?

I just got off the phone with Tech support at D they said what I thought no way to transmit 1080P.. Then I reread the post and I looked there is no date on it.. I believe it is not true!!! Can some with a lot more knowledge please let us know.. Iguees it would have to be VIA VOD.. Mmm I wonder how long that will take to down load???

I just got off the phone with Tech support at D they said what I thought, no way to transmit 1080P.. Then I reread the post and I looked there is no date on it.. I believe it is not true!!! Can some with a lot more knowledge please let us know..

When then how about reading the press release, The DIRECTV Group, Inc. - DIRECTV Remains Clear HD Leader with 130 HD Channels on Tap for Mid-August

They don't broadcast in 1080p live. They are going to allow you to download the movie to your local hard drive then play it back as if you were watching a 1080p show on Blue Ray. It will be something you have to download, however, as it won't be a live broadcast on any specific channel.

Hey how about dumping the 3 additional PPV channels for some real National HD.. Hey how bout this.. Foxnewshd, Travel Channel HD, and One of your choice. BOOO The only ppv channel that should be converted would be the events channel. :down :down :down :down :down :down :down

I'd be way more impressed if it was 23 national HD channels and 4 RSNs. As far as I'm concerned RSNs are a complete, total waste of bandwidth.

Man, I'd really like to see Norfolk in a locals announcement from Directv some day.

You must have read too fast ;)

-- Augusta, Ga. -- Harrisonburg, Va.
-- Bangor, Maine -- La Crosse-Eau Claire, Wis.
-- Baton Rouge, La. -- Little Rock-Pine Bluff, Ark.
-- Beaumont-Port Arthur, Texas -- Lincoln-Hastings, Neb.
-- Boise, Idaho -- Macon, Ga.
-- Burlington, Vt.-Plattsburgh, N.Y. -- Mobile AL-Pensacola, Fla.
-- Butte-Bozeman, Mont. -- Myrtle Beach-Florence, S.C.
-- Champaign-Springfield-Decatur, Ill. -- Norfolk-Newport News, Va.
-- Charleston, S.C. -- Palm Springs, Calif.
-- Chattanooga, Tenn. -- Peoria-Bloomington, Ill.
-- Colorado Springs-Pueblo, Colo. -- Richmond-Petersburg, Va.
-- Columbia-Jefferson City, Mo. -- Rockford, Ill.
-- Davenport, Iowa-Rock Island, Ill., -- Rochester, N.Y.
Moline, Ill.
-- Dayton, Ohio -- Savannah, Ga.
-- Des Moines-Ames, Iowa -- Sioux Falls, S.D.
-- Dothan, Ala. -- South Bend-Elkhart, Ind.
-- El Paso, Texas -- Springfield-Holyoke, Mass.
-- Evansville, Ind. -- Syracuse, N.Y.
-- Fort Smith, Ark. -- Tallahassee, Fla.
-- Fort Wayne, Ind. -- Toledo, Ohio
-- Greenville-New Bern-Washington, -- Traverse City-Cadillac,
N.C. Mich.
-- Harlingen-Brownsville, Texas -- Youngstown, Ohio

Okay, wow. This is disappointing. The only value I see maybe is all of Sunday Ticket in MPEG 4 usign the RSNs for the FOX feeds. But, WTF.... Since when was D-12 required for a major boost in channels. Up to now it was all about D-11 getting to major national HD coverage. Planet Green HD??? WTF??? WHO FREAKIN CARES ABOUT THIS CHANNEL!

Opinions are like.....

This is a new Disc Channel and Im sure itll offer good stuff.

That's all fine and dandy, but we're dealing with half packages of movie channels and short a few cable channels that are watched much more. Its absurd.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)