DIRECTV Remains Clear HD Leader with 130 HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm really disappointed with this news. I was hoping for more national HD channels such as Fox News HD, Travel HD, QVC HD, AMC HD.

I think this announcement makes E* look better with their addition of 17 HBO and Cinemax channels in August.

A sport fan

You guys are right. I live in Kansas city and like to watch the Cards. So i have to pay for the MLB Package. I do get the FSN for the midwest all the good thing are locked like good baseball teams football basketball. So you see who cares about full time RSN HD.Directv is only adding to pakage that they can make more money on. Like showtime, ppv, FSN sport pack, and giving us a free bone with THE GREEN PLANET. So they can say they have 130 channels. So get ready cable fans and Dish fans. You will have 131 channels next week starting with the ( PAPER DOLL CHANNEL )Fors those that i made mad for using the word paper doll i am sorry.:rolleyes:

How do they offer 1080p when I thought the STB was only good up too 1080i ? Looks like the small town of Harrisonburg, Va (I live outside of) is set to get locals in HD soon

Not if you care about PQ. Do you guys really think this is all your hear about?? Come on.

I'm sure there will be more but they only have about 20 more spots available on D11. Those will fill up fast and there still will be plenty of channels available that won't be added because their space is being used by PPV and RSNs. To me the RSNs should've stayed part time on D10 like they already were and give us more national HD.

Are the current model HD receivers capable of displaying 1080p or will they be rolling out a new one soon?
There were some rumors a while back when someone noticed a 1080p logo on a HR21 Pro, but as it turns out, all of the DIRECTV receivers are limited to 1080i at this time.

The release states:

Among the new HD channels that DIRECTV will launch next month are Showtime Extreme HD, Showtime Showcase HD, Planet Green HD, ABC Family HD, additional DIRECTV HD pay per view channels and an additional 23 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) in HD 24 hours a day.

"Among the new HD channels." This would indicate that it is not all the HD channels.

True but for now it is. i would've taken the travel channel,wgn,lifetime before the 3 PPV's!

Not if you care about PQ. Do you guys really think this is all your hear about?? Come on.

there will be more for sure. some of us just wanted a different set of channel launches fro D11. of course we will get the rest!

There were some rumors a while back when someone noticed a 1080p logo on a HR21 Pro, but as it turns out, all of the DIRECTV receivers are limited to 1080i at this time.

the HR21 series is already capable for 1080p. it would only need a firmware upgrade

Only 20 nationals left on D11?

D* claims it is going to have 130 channels with this latest bunch of adds and the fact that they claim 150 HD channel capacity leaves 20.

Plus if you break down what is being put on D11 realize that 14 transponders at 5 channels per equal 70 total slots on D11.

9 channels that are currently MPEG2
8 HD DNS that are currently on other satellites
23 RSNs
4 other national HD
3 HD PPV

That's 47 right there so that actually leaves 23 left which is a little bit off from the 130 current channels claimed by D* versus the 150 capacity claim.

For me, the big news is seeing my DMA listed as one of those that will get the HD-LIL starting in August (or shortly thereafter). As much as I would like to get more national HD channels, I have been waiting longer for HDLIL. I am ready to take one of my dishes off the roof. Might be a good excuse to get up there and go ahead and take down my Voom and E* dishes as well. :D

But the antenna will have to stay up for my subchannels for now, and that's okay with me. Don't watch them much, but just in case.

ROFLMAO.............I knew it
Tried to tell ya'll and you said I was just a D* basher.
Now you know why

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts