Status
Please reply by conversation.

mobi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
usvi
Which remote signal can go through block walls, i currently have the RC65L

I think the RC65L is the Latin American version of the RC65.

You need a receiver that is RF capable along with a remote with "RF" in the model number. What model receiver do you have?

I recall where DIRECTV Latin Amercia may not offer RF remotes. IIRC, someone said that the RF remote menu was absent from the LA receivers.

I think the RC65L is the Latin American version of the RC65.

You need a receiver that is RF capable along with a remote with "RF" in the model number. What model receiver do you have?

I recall where DIRECTV Latin Amercia may not offer RF remotes. IIRC, someone said that the RF remote menu was absent from the LA receivers.

If the model number your refering to is the one on the top left, the RF remotes don't necessarily have RF in the model for RF.

I have a RC24 that was RF and a RC64R and a RC65RX all are RF remotes.

The best way to tell is look at the back of the remote and see if there is a sticker on it.
The Sticker is the FCC info, if it has the FCC info, it's a RF capable remote.

The best way to tell is look at the back of the remote and see if there is a sticker on it.
The Sticker is the FCC info, if it has the FCC info, it's a RF capable remote.
Why would there be an FCC sticker on a Latin American remote whether or not it was RF capable?

Why do you answer virtually every question in a snarky manner?

Why would there be an FCC sticker on a Latin American remote whether or not it was RF capable?

Does it SAY it's a LATIN AMERICAN Remote ?

None of mine say that ...

You have used a LATIN AMERICAN remote ?
If NOT, how do you know what it says on it ?

When I inquired on the D* website, it has no info on a RC65L remote.

Last edited:
The RC65L is a directv latín remote like harsh mentioned but i cant find an answer if it's RF capable or not. I've found other info but nothing about RF

In fact I believe that even the receivers and dvrs have the L in there somewhere for latin america. For example the hr22 would be lhr22

So, will a Latin remote work a NA recvr ? and vice versa ?
I would imagine the IR commands are the same as most universal remotes don't have code sets for different countries.

RF is regulated by the respective country's radio signal regulatory agency so each will have its own sticker. Mexico has their CoFeTel and Canada has the CRTC. USVI is under FCC control, but the equipment is set up for South America. I suspect that rather than offer RF remotes that try to satisfy all the many countries they operate in, they chose not to offer RF remotes at all.

Most of the evidence I've found has been related to use in Argentina but it appears that RF is not supported because there is no menu item to enable/choose it.

I just looked there's no RF remote menu anywhere in the settings .:mad:

What recvr are you using ?

Look here:

Menu/Set Up/System Set Up/Remote Control/IR/RF Set Up .... should be on the right side.
Now this is for a recvr earlier than the HR24's, they do an automatic program of the remotes once you answer a few questions

Standard L12 is what i have.

Menu/Set Up/System Set Up/Remote Control/IR/RF Set Up .... should be on the right side.

Ok, when you run the scenario I posted above, you don't find a IR and RF option ?

If not, I guess it could be IR only.

There cr told me i would have to upgrade my package change the receiver

the other thing you can do is turn your ir remote into an rf remote with this item : NextGen Invisible IR to RF Remote Extender LRRX | eBay
i used one of these years ago to control a couple of dvd players inside a cabinet that were hidden. it worked very well. i still have it stored somewhere and haven't used it for a long time now. but it worked great. hope this helps :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)