will this dish work with HD and SD? IM NEW :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

amendolaro

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
florida
so for my vacation home im setting up a additional dish and bringing boxes to house. i have a spare dish (LNB on it is a 3 heads and says this on the little sticker " dtvsdlnb. For Sat 99/101/103/110/119 with built in multi switch ". I Will b using 1 hd box and 1 SD box at this home. will this perform the job? thanks !

If you get the same one you have at home, you have no adjustments in the recvr to make, otherwise you'll want to run the "Repeat Sat Set Up" when you change from one location to the next.
This is really NOT a problem as long as you remember to do it.

You currently have several options for the dish a 3 and 5 Lnb set up, also one with and without SWM.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

You need a SWM slimline. It has one LNB, but receives 3 satellite signals. That would be the one you have at your primary house.

You need a SWM slimline. It has one LNB, but receives 3 satellite signals. That would be the one you have at your primary house.

How do you know the op has a swm lnb at his primary home?

so for my vacation home im setting up a additional dish and bringing boxes to house. i have a spare dish (LNB on it is a 3 heads and says this on the little sticker " dtvsdlnb. For Sat 99/101/103/110/119 with built in multi switch ". I Will b using 1 hd box and 1 SD box at this home. will this perform the job? thanks !

This one will work fine, but like Jimbo said, you may need to rerun the satellite setup each time you move the boxes. Does the dish at your primary house have the same number of heads on it? How many cables are attached to the dish at your primary house? If only one, it is a swm type. Look at the connections on the new one. Is there one place to connect a cable or four?

If the dish at his house wasn't a SWM,couldn't he still hook up his HD Receiver as long as he had a B-Band converter? Also,is the OP using a HD Receiver or a HD DVR Receiver? He mentioned HD Receiver,I just wondered if he could be more specific.

Sure he could. Without knowing the type of lnb at each house, it's all conjecture.

If the dish at his house wasn't a SWM,couldn't he still hook up his HD Receiver as long as he had a B-Band converter? Also,is the OP using a HD Receiver or a HD DVR Receiver? He mentioned HD Receiver,I just wondered if he could be more specific.

Actually,I meant the dish at his vacation home maybe not being SWM. I guess we need more information about both places.

We need to send you back to school to learn to read. In the quotation marks in his original post it says "with built in multiswitch" does that sound like a SWM?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DIRECTV REMOTE

The Open Experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)