Please reply by conversation.

Smthkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
ATLANTA
Browsing tonight and noticed 2 new Starz channels:

522 - Starz EDGE
523 - Starz in BLACK (Renamed - Recently Black Starz)

I didn't see anyone else post this but check it out! :D

They did carry Starz Theatre. They have never carried Starz Cinema or Starz HD.

After reading the press release the changes are as follows:

Starz! Theater is being renamed to Starz! Edge --> This channel is being directed to 18-34 males

Bet Movies Starz!3 wich was renamed to Black Starz! is being renamed yet again to Starz! In Black

DirecTV carries both of these channels, they are not new. Just new names.

However, you might notice these channels as well.

Love Stories Encore 2 which was renamed to Just Love Stories is being renamed to Enocre Love. The same goes for the rest of the Encore Stations

As for the rest of the Starz! channels, Starz! Family & Starz! kids are being merged into one channel. So in order not to loose any channels Starz! has created Starz! Comedy.

Apparently D* does not carry Starz Cinema, Comedy, or Kids & Family. They do carry all the Encore channels. Is this the current setup? Any changes in the offing?

rcayers said:
Apparently D* does not carry Starz Cinema, Comedy, or Kids & Family. They do carry all the Encore channels. Is this the current setup? Any changes in the offing?

Unfortunately they don't carry these. I'd love to have Starz Comedy. Before these changes Starz had separate Family & Kids channels and I begged DirecTV for those. Now Starz has combined the two.

I have dropped my subscription to Starz (as of February) and likely won't go back until these channels are added.

DirecTV is very very weak on premium channels. My cable company offers almost all of the Starz Channels and has HBO Comedy as well. Plus you don't have to pay extra for the Encore channels. They're NOT part of the Starz package on my cable system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)