DirecTV Retransmission Consent Dispute with Raycom

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What would suck ?
If your refering to DISH, they drop channels all the time and often never come back.

D* rarely ever loses channels (locals).
Neither carrier loses channels for any length of time lately, but DIRECTV has been way, way out in front of even TWC in terms of getting their contract negotiation laundry aired of late.

Why would you agree to an tentative agreement and then change that agreement?
Agreements in principle (aka handshake agreements) aren't much like agreements with all of the Ts crossed and Is dotted. Imagine agreeing to a car lease and finding that there is only a 5,000 mile annual mileage allowance.

Well, THIS is the week I mentioned earlier in a post about when I thought they would be back, right before the New Season starts for most Network shows.
So, whith that said, it would also be the time that Raycom now again has leverage.

Now D* has kept thier side, keeping the channels on, Raycom says they want to do the same, but IF they go down again, we KNOW its Raycom pulling them.

Come on Raycom, you keep saying your not gonna have any more interruptions, but on the other side of your mouth your threatening to pull them.

I don't see them turning any of them off at this point.
I agree. If they do it now, people will just wait for Hulu Plus or some other avenue to get their fix on a somewhat delayed schedule. The key to getting viewer support for something like this is to hook them and then cut them off after they've committed to the timeline for the current season.

I am just saying if they pull them this week I will be ticked!!! Steelers browns play on CBS and its going to be a close game with I fear a bad outcome for my steelers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts