DirecTV Satellite - 95+ bonus channels over streaming?

They enabled the streams for Outdoor Channel, MLB Strike Zone and the out of market versions of the Bally RSNs and YES today for satellite customers.

On the server, they also have streams for MAVTV, NHK World, and the 3 Stadium College Sports channels, along with test feeds for DBACKS and TWINS, but they are not enabled. One of the insider articles also said that Fox Soccer Plus will soon be available to stream too.

The version of H&I that stream/internet customers have on channel 385 is an alternate made for streaming version because Weigel doesn't have the streaming rights to all the programming they air. METV is still in test mode on satellite, but not H&I. I didn't spot a stream for METV on the server when I checked over the weekend, but the lineup API does have references to "MeTV Allowed" in the responses.

Compared to stream/internet, the only channels not available to satellite customers via the app are the following:
82 Bounce HD (glitch)
83 getTV SD (glitch)
226 ShopLC HD (Pay to Play)
307 NewsNation HD
320 Scientology HD (Pay to Play)
363 FOX Weather HD (not carried on sat)
385 H&I Streaming HD (not carried on sat)
536 Starz Encore West HD (probably an oversight on their part)
1200-1244 NBA League Pass Premium HD (instead of RSN remaps, stream uses team specific feeds directly supplied by NBA Entertainment with additional bonus feeds for post game press conferences)
1245 NBABet stream HD (not carried on sat)
4105 SportsGrid HD (not carried on sat)
4110 Fuel TV HD (not carried on sat)
4358 Tastemade Travel HD (not carried on sat)
4359 Tastemade Home HD (not carried on sat)
4401 FOX Soul HD (not carried on sat)

And of course the various MyNet, CW, Ind, Univision and Telemundo LIL stations, whose availability on stream varies depending on station owner.

Any idea on when those would get enabled and when METV would be out of testing? Sorry, I forgot about other channels, Cozi, Charge and Get? Thanks.

Cozi is already available on channel 80.

getTV is available on satellite 83, but there's an ongoing glitch with the package data for it and Bounce 82, so they don't appear in the guide at all on the app for most satellite customers. (Bounce's owner Scripps confirmed they contacted DIRECTV about it, so hopefully they will be fixed soon)

Still no launch date for METV, but in the past few weeks they have been making progress on satellite with the LIL channels by identifying them as METV affiliates instead of independents and associating them with its logo_id.

Reactions: raoul5788
80 Cozi is already available via the app. You might have to disable the Hide SD duplicates option on the app to see its stream since there's an ongoing bug where many streaming channels are hidden if that setting is enabled.

82 Bounce and 83 GetTV have a glitch in their package data preventing satellite customers from seeing them on the app, but stream/internet customers do have them available.

DIRECTV doesn't carry Charge at all.

Not all diginets make themselves available for national distribution. The Weigel, Sinclair, Sony, Scripps/Katz, Gray and NBCU ones do, but at last check Nexstar (Antenna/Rewind), Tegna (Twist/Quest/True Crime) and GetAfterIt/Luken (Retro/Heartland/Family/Rev'n/Action) are still local only.

Some of the Weigel networks are co-owned with the partner handling the MVPD distribution, like CBS handles StartTV and FOX handles Movies.

(sat is still on old contract, and DIRECTV is in the midst of a lawsuit against Nexstar and their shell companies Mission and White Knight)
I guess WYOU isn't coming back anytime soon then. Won't be surprised if they just remove it and all other Mission/White Knight locals from the guide altogether.

Also, about that NewsNation contract, I wonder when that was even renewed, I already know it's from before September 2019, as you said before on the old forums it was originally for when it was still WGN and owned by Tribune.

Sorry, I mean how many new customer signups DTV via Net has vs. DTV Stream?
i was wondering that as well!!! i don't think anyone is signing up for sat service as most are streaming. people like to have there content with em not just in one place in todays world

Unfortunately DIRECTV no longer has to publically disclose that information after they were spunoff into a privately held company.

Yeah, but they were asking for specific numbers per platform, which they no longer break down like they did when they or any of their previous parent companies had to publicly disclose it in their quarterly SEC filings. i.e. if you go to the bottom of their corporate site the financial information is now only available to eligible parties who contact their investor relations team. So now what little information we get is stuff that trickles out from 3rd party ratings analysts, some of which are just estimates instead of actual numbers.

Reactions: harshness