DirecTV SD channels on Sat 101 W ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TexRedNK

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Dallas Tx Burbs
Hey Guys, I have three SD receivers on the oval dish with 4 multiplexer outputs. So I have one coax to each receiver. In the past weeks I noticed something strange on my online guides. When I do a dish set up and go to dish C, for the 101 W satellite, I have absolutely ZERO signal strength. Also some of the channels I usually watch are missing.
Has DTV dropped SD channels on this Sat ? Can I find those channels on Lynsat.com ?
Cheers, Doug

The sd channels are still live. It's been a while since I used an oval dish, but isn't 101 the A sat? B is 119 and C is 110 IIRC.

Hey, been a long time here as well ....

But yes, under the old nomenclature on SD only receivers, sat "C" refers to the three Ku DBS tps. at 110w. Which should correctly all be at "0" level now since DIRECTV has completely shut down both the satellite there and the service at 110W.

As for the OP missing former SD channels, can he name a few for example?

As they might have been moved to the Ka band as A3 SD channels there ....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Hey Guys, I have three SD receivers on the oval dish with 4 multiplexer outputs. So I have one coax to each receiver. In the past weeks I noticed something strange on my online guides. When I do a dish set up and go to dish C, for the 101 W satellite, I have absolutely ZERO signal strength. Also some of the channels I usually watch are missing.
Has DTV dropped SD channels on this Sat ? Can I find those channels on Lynsat.com ?
Cheers, Doug
It sounds like your dish moved. What transponders are live on the 101 panel?

I hope Directv doesn’t surrender the transponders at 110 to Directv

It would be s good idea to throw some 4K content there

They have shut off those transponders completely. Probably they will retire the satellite, we'll see if they do it sooner rather than later. They may have a deal with Dish to smooth the way for Dish getting Directv's transponders at 110 or 119. Or they might do all they can to "squat" on those transponders as long as possible. Or they might simply retire the satellites and let Dish work it out with the FCC - I don't think that would be a particularly quick process. It isn't like Dish can ask for those transponders the minute Directv retires the satellite. When you license a slot you get five years to build and launch a satellite for it. Who knows, maybe you get five years to replace the satellite, in which case Dish would have a long wait.

They have tons of unused reverse band transponders, they have no need of 110/119, certainly not for 4K.

They have shut off those transponders completely. Probably they will retire the satellite, we'll see if they do it sooner rather than later. They may have a deal with Dish to smooth the way for Dish getting Directv's transponders at 110 or 119. Or they might do all they can to "squat" on those transponders as long as possible. Or they might simply retire the satellites and let Dish work it out with the FCC - I don't think that would be a particularly quick process. It isn't like Dish can ask for those transponders the minute Directv retires the satellite. When you license a slot you get five years to build and launch a satellite for it. Who knows, maybe you get five years to replace the satellite, in which case Dish would have a long wait.

They have tons of unused reverse band transponders, they have no need of 110/119, certainly not for 4K.

Just looked and 110 is totally gone from my HR24's signal meters. I wonder if I can go ahead and cut the 110 feed horn off my SWM SL5 and fill the hole with silicone. lol

Just looked and 110 is totally gone from my HR24's signal meters. I wonder if I can go ahead and cut the 110 feed horn off my SWM SL5 and fill the hole with silicone. lol

It hasn't been used for content in the US for something like five years, so you are late with idea! :biggrin

Now I'm not so sure. Why do the brand new reverse band SL5's still have 110?!?!?!

5d2rblnb_1_zoom.jpg

Now I'm not so sure. Why do the brand new reverse band SL5's still have 110?!?!?!

5d2rblnb_1_zoom.jpg
My guess would be that at the time DIRECTV signed the original contract agreements with various mfrs. to produce the 2nd gen. digital SWiM LNBs like this. They hadn't made the decision to never return 110W to CONUS service, and to just shut it down after Puerto Rico no longer required it.

1) Because all LNBs from the original KaKu to today's reverse band use the same analog side hardware (with extra bits added for reverse band) for over a decade now and 2) because they have ALWAYS installed SL5s in Puerto Rico until recently when T15 allowed them to use 101 and use of 110 was finally phased out a few months ago.

They will simply stop making SL5s entirely within the next year or two, when 119 goes away as well. Why go to all the expense of designing a "SL4" that would have a short life and see little use - there are no new installs getting SL5s now and no LNB replacements getting SL5s except for legacy installs for commercial/MDU where they might still have some SD receivers, and residential customers who are SD only.

But you got to ask what it costs to produce an SL5 vs SL3. If I’m not mistaken an SL5 has an additional board to support 110/119.

It probably costs more to ship the SL5 vs SL3 than it does to manufacture.

Until the FCC takes away the 2 slots or they get traded to Dish, then I don’t see them ceasing production.

I can’t see Directv surrendering either slot to dish.

14 transponders at 110/119 will solve lots of Dish networks bandwidth issues.

Is there a reason the 95 stuff is located at 95? If not why don't they move the 95 stuff to 110 or 119 to allow for a single dish solution?

Is there a reason the 95 stuff is located at 95? If not why don't they move the 95 stuff to 110 or 119 to allow for a single dish solution?
When the World Direct service began many years ago there wasn't enough bandwidth at 110 and 119 for it along with other programming DIRECTV was already using those slots for.

Nowadays though, with the Ka and RB at 99/103 and A3 format. And 101W to be converted to carry only HD nationals. There's plenty of bandwidth to move 95W programming to the 99, 101, 103 group.

Which is already being done with the WD service duplicated in A3 format on 99(cr). So the 95W service and dish are being phased out right now. With no further 95W dish installs, and instead new subscribers to the service receive Slimline dishes (if they don't already have one) and/or SL3RB LNBs.

Reactions: Jimbo
Nowadays though, with the Ka and RB at 99/103 and A3 format. And 101W to be converted to carry only HD nationals. There's plenty of bandwidth to move 95W programming to the 99, 101, 103 group.

Question, is it certain 101 will be used for National HD and NO Local into Local Service? I have a Dish at my Boat that can only receive KU Band (Currently SD National service from 101 and my SD Locals from 119, I know 119 SD local into local is going away).

John

Question, is it certain 101 will be used for National HD and NO Local into Local Service? I have a Dish at my Boat that can only receive KU Band (Currently SD National service from 101 and my SD Locals from 119, I know 119 SD local into local is going away).

John
Not "officially" announced by DIRECTV to the general public, but through leaked/released documents by them to major RV and boat system mfrs. KVH and King Dome systems. To take place in 1 to 2 years ...

https://www.sats2go.com/images/DirecTV-chages-2019.pdf

https://kingconnect.com/wp-con...04/Ku-Antenna_KING_03.2019.pdf

And logical inferences from all the recent satellite movement at 101W and transfer of traffic between satellites taking place there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts