DirecTV SD channels on Sat 101 W ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
A couple of the RV dish manufacturers have stated in press release that "a selection of popular channels" will be available on 101. As far as we know this will not include any local-into-local except (we think) for the NY/LA DNS channels.

When the World Direct service began many years ago there wasn't enough bandwidth at 110 and 119 for it along with other programming DIRECTV was already using those slots for.

Nowadays though, with the Ka and RB at 99/103 and A3 format. And 101W to be converted to carry only HD nationals. There's plenty of bandwidth to move 95W programming to the 99, 101, 103 group.

Which is already being done with the WD service duplicated in A3 format on 99(cr). So the 95W service and dish are being phased out right now. With no further 95W dish installs, and instead new subscribers to the service receive Slimline dishes (if they don't already have one) and/or SL3RB LNBs.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
If you have a reverse band LNB the WD channels are already up on 99cr so you don't need 95.

If you have a reverse band LNB the WD channels are already up on 99cr so you don't need 95.
That's what I thought I explained in that post ... ...

Though out of technical curiosity, I wonder if those MDU and few residential customers who converted early to the legacy SL-5RB and DSWM-30 multiswitch with a 95W dish diplexed in arrangement.

Means the 95W dish is now dead unless there are SD only receivers still in use?

Though out of technical curiosity, I wonder if those MDU and few residential customers who converted early to the legacy SL-5RB and DSWM-30 multiswitch with a 95W dish diplexed in arrangement.

Obviously there are still SD only receivers in use, or they'd be able to drop MPEG2 SD already. They'd need a few WD dishes/LNBs for replacement of a defectives, unless the installer prefers to upgrade all the SD equipment at the location instead. That would make sense for a simple residential install, but not a commercial headend or MDU.

What we don't know is what Directv has been doing as far as contacting WD subscribers about SD upgrades. For all we know they have already upgraded those people, but most likely they still have a ways to go. That's why I suggested over on EdgeCutter to be on the lookout for an Intelsat filing to modify G3C for inclined orbit operation. That will be the only potential advance indication of a date when Directv will no longer be using 95W (though unless they file at least a couple months in advance Gary/Tom's spreadsheets will see the channels disappear first)

Sorry I just repeated part of your post....
Yes, I assume only those people who still have SD receivers are still using 95.

Obviously there are still SD only receivers in use, or they'd be able to drop MPEG2 SD already. They'd need a few WD dishes/LNBs for replacement of a defectives, unless the installer prefers to upgrade all the SD equipment at the location instead. That would make sense for a simple residential install, but not a commercial headend or MDU.

What we don't know is what Directv has been doing as far as contacting WD subscribers about SD upgrades. For all we know they have already upgraded those people, but most likely they still have a ways to go. That's why I suggested over on EdgeCutter to be on the lookout for an Intelsat filing to modify G3C for inclined orbit operation. That will be the only potential advance indication of a date when Directv will no longer be using 95W (though unless they file at least a couple months in advance Gary/Tom's spreadsheets will see the channels disappear first)
Ok, thanks ...

But to rephrase, what I was asking was that if only HD receiversare are on an installation with the legacy six outlet SL-5RB and diplexed in 95W dish to a DSWM-30. The receivers now ignore the 95W dish and default to 99(cr) for the WD international channels?

Therefore the 95W dish is unused on those installations with only HD receivers ever since the WD duplicates appeared on 99(cr)?

Ok, thanks ...

But to rephrase, what I was asking was that if only HD receiversare are on an installation with the legacy six outlet SL-5RB and diplexed in 95W dish to a DSWM-30. The receivers now ignore the 95W dish and default to 99(cr) for the WD international channels?

Therefore the 95W dish is unused on those installations with only HD receivers ever since the WD duplicates appeared on 99(cr)?

One would assume so. Is the SL5KRB + WD option even in the firmware any longer? I would expect they removed it once they mirrored 95 on RB.

Oh and stumbled across this on YT from David Bott of AVS Forum affiming 101W conversion to all national HD by 2021 as well.

But appears he might just be referring to what he learned from the King Dome document given the date the video was published back in April is the same as the King Dome's document original release. And David's examples of KD systems featured in the video ....

Reactions: TheTechGuru
Oh and stumbled across this on YT from David Bott of AVS Forum affiming 101W conversion to all national HD by 2021 as well.

But appears he might just be referring to what he learned from the King Dome document given the date the video was published back in April is the same as the King Dome's document original release. And David's examples of KD systems featured in the video ....

Thats actually very good news for those of us that are using the various dome antennas for RV purposes.

Question, is it certain 101 will be used for National HD and NO Local into Local Service? I have a Dish at my Boat that can only receive KU Band (Currently SD National service from 101 and my SD Locals from 119, I know 119 SD local into local is going away).

John

It’s common sense!

Everyone who sees 99/103 can see 101. So technically Directv can move programming between 101/103 and 99 and it should not make a difference.

If SD goes away, moving some of the popular HD programs to 101 make sense because there will still be lots of people out there who might have an HD box, but not see 99/103

No matter what channels they put on it there will be some people complaining because the one channel they think is the most important isn't on 101. And locals (except maybe the big 4 networks in LA/NYC) won't be on it either, so while it might make for a good RV package for some the lack of locals will be a show stopper for tailgaters.

No matter what channels they put on it there will be some people complaining because the one channel they think is the most important isn't on 101. And locals (except maybe the big 4 networks in LA/NYC) won't be on it either, so while it might make for a good RV package for some the lack of locals will be a show stopper for tailgaters.
Theres alot out there besides locals.

Would they favor sports channels for tailgaters on 101?
Would they just put the x-number of top channels on 101, including DNS channels?
Would they just put the x-number of top channels on 101, just the "cable" channels?

Would the channels on 101 change from time to time?

I guess no one really knows.

I know if I was a RVer and I was traveling in the summer and couldn't watch NESN, it would be a deal-breaker. So it would be so different for everyone. And this is 2019 so it needs to be HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)