Directv SD receiver works on Slimline dish but not on Phase III dish? Blank screen?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I know someone that has a Slimline dish at their house along with an HD and SD receiver. They have a place that they go to on the weekends once in a while and have a Phase III dish there.

The SD receiver was working just fine when they put the settings the first time from Slimline to Phase III (Oval) setting in the menu and it works fine and it worked fine when they put the settings back to Slimline at their regular home. When they went back to the second time to their other place on the weekends they could not get the Phase III (Oval) setting to work (but it worked fine when they changed it back to Slimline at the regular home again.

He said that the picture has a blank screen but the banner is at the top of the screen and they get a signal strength as well. Does anybody know what the problem might be?

Should not have to change the setting on a standard receiver. It does not care about 103 & 99. Even though it may say slimline in the menu, all it looks for is the 101, 110 & 119.

Only thing I can think of is if they travel out of spotbeam for a local channel. Then they could get the black screen on that. If it is showing signal, try going to channel 201, and then reboot. See if they get other channels besides locals.

I think they have it hooked up to the newer Slimline SWM dish with the power injector at their house because they just had it installed a few months ago and the settings had to be changed on the receiver to the oval phase III dish setting to get it to work. Doesn't the Slimline dish have different power outputs? Connecting a signal meter up to one of these receivers while it is set to receive from a Slimline dish results in no output on the signal meter (not lit up and the needle remains on 0).

I think they have it hooked up to the newer Slimline SWM dish with the power injector at their house because they just had it installed a few months ago and the settings had to be changed on the receiver to the oval phase III dish setting to get it to work. Doesn't the Slimline dish have different power outputs? Connecting a signal meter up to one of these receivers while it is set to receive from a Slimline dish results in no output on the signal meter (not lit up and the needle remains on 0).

The SWM uses the 21v from the Power Inserter, the Non SWM set up gets it's power (18/13v) from the recvr itself.
Chances are the recvr did not take the change back som that the LNB would be powered by the recvr.
Need to run the "Repeat Sat Set Up" each time they change.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)