DirecTV Setanta satellites

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
A guy in a highrise in which I have installed two stacked trunklines, one for Sat A and one for Sat B/C, wants to subscribe to DirecTV rather than to go with Comcast or RCN, which are both in the building, so that he can get Setanta Sports. DirecTV came to his condo today with a receiver, but when the installer saws it was a stacked system, he bailed out and took the receiver with him.

I need to know what satellites DirecTV uses for Setanta Sports. I can't find that info on DirecTV's site or Setanta's, and when I called DirecTV and asked them, I got put on hold until the call was dropped.

Because his unit has only one home run line, I can give him a 2x1 tone switch, but if it is all on one satellite, I might just diplex Comcast into the dedicated DirecTV line, and of course, if they are using a wing satellite for some of their programming, I will be obligated to tell the customer that he might not get all of the Setanta games.

Does anyone know which satellites they use?

AntAltMike said:
A guy in a highrise in which I have installed two stacked trunklines, one for Sat A and one for Sat B/C, wants to subscribe to DirecTV rather than to go with Comcast or RCN, which are both in the building, so that he can get Setanta Sports. DirecTV came to his condo today with a receiver, but when the installer saws it was a stacked system, he bailed out and took the receiver with him.

I need to know what satellites DirecTV uses for Setanta Sports. I can't find that info on DirecTV's site or Setanta's, and when I called DirecTV and asked them, I got put on hold until the call was dropped.

Because his unit has only one home run line, I can give him a 2x1 tone switch, but if it is all on one satellite, I might just diplex Comcast into the dedicated DirecTV line, and of course, if they are using a wing satellite for some of their programming, I will be obligated to tell the customer that he might not get all of the Setanta games.

Does anyone know which satellites they use?

If you are talking about channel 670, it's on the 101 satellite.

According to the 101 satellite transponder chart at DBSForums, which is updated daily, Setanta's main channel is 615 on transponder 11 and the alternate is 670 on transponder 32, both on Sat A, 101. Can anyone confirm that on their guide?

AntAltMike said:
According to the 101 satellite transponder chart at DBSForums, which is updated daily, Setanta's main channel is 615 on transponder 11 and the alternate is 670 on transponder 32, both on Sat A, 101. Can anyone confirm that on their guide?

I can confirm that those are the correct channels, and they are on the 101, but, I cannot confirm on which transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)