DirecTV Sign Up

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am surprised that it was the box, but in any case, I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

If you are referring to ME. I am a she and No my good sir , I am Not beyond help. I have believed all along that it was the receiver and it turns out that it was the receiver. He told me yesterday that he would try to find one like I had before . He called me and told me that he had located one and would be by to make the exchange. The problem is now resolved with An H24/200 and now the color is the way it was before and picture is perfect just as before. Nope wasn't the TV as I have stated all along .

I don't mind eating my words either. Things should not work this way. If nothing else mass produced eq must be identical and interchangeable. Finding a specific model & mfg code is above what can be expected to happen.

Joe

I am surprised that it was the box, but in any case, I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Thanks msmith. I thought it was the receiver because the same thing happened one time before. I had a faulty box that was replaced once before. The same things like poor color , misty looking like looking through a thin mist or fog , dark golden complexion on faces , Colors like pink , blue , green, red , orange looking like florescent colors. Nighttime images too dark to tell what they were . I had a receiver that was like this once before and that is the first thing I thought of. when I saw this with this receiver. It has to be the box. Too many similar color and picture clarity problems.

I'd say the OP is beyond help. He refuses to consider adjusting his TV display controls, accuses an individual of lying because he has a dirty dish, and believes replacing a receiver will affect his colors appreciably. He is so wrong on so many issues, and completely certain of his position that it's nearly futile to address the issues he raises. Sometimes it's the things in life that we know for certain are true, but just aren't so, that hurt us the most.

Get your TV professionally calibrated, or at least Google the topic, buy a calibration disc, and do a quick and dirty amateur calibration. You might learn something in the process.

Apparently you never read the posts. I SAID the technician tried to adjust with the TV settings to no avail. And yes I believed that the receiver was defective and when he replaced it , proved that it was. good that you think you know it all. Proven that you don't.

Do we have an "Ignore" button on here ? We should if we haven't. Such responses as this guy's needs an ignore button.

Yes there is an ignore button. Check your settings page.

Every single media device (even identical models from the same manufacturer coming off the same production line on the same day, one right after the other) will have different display characteristics due in part to manufacturing tolerances among other things. Just because a receiver produced different color saturations than an older model does not mean the new receiver was 'defective' or 'the problem'. It was just different. I'm happy that you were able to achieve an acceptable picture according to your preconceived notions of what is "correct". However, I must inform you that you're opinion of what a picture "should" look like is totally irrelevant in determining whether or not electronic hardware is functioning as it was intended. Very few people have ever seen a properly calibrated display device (aka TV) in their life, and nearly ever one of them would say it looks "washed out", "dimmer", or "slightly yellow." There is an international standard for how display devices ought to function. It is not subjective. Most are so used to seeing TVs in VIVID (horribly inaccurate) mode that they've begun to believe anything else is "wrong", when in fact they haven't been properly educated on what a good picture should look like. Kudos to the installer for accommodating your request, or perhaps he was just as ignorant regarding the topic. Either way, you're happy, and that is good.

It just irritates me to no end when a customer insists a piece of hardware is defective, and expects a technician to bend over backwards to replace it, even though it's functioning exactly as intended (yet different from the customers' expectations.)

Maybe the receiver was totally broken, and displaying incorrectly. Just because I've never seen anything like it in over 9 years, having installed close to 10,000 IRDs, doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

P.S. Don't ignore dissenting opinions. Engage them. Otherwise you're just proving me right regarding your open-mindedness.

She is happy. Is there any need to explain your position and post further? Let's move on and be happy for the Op.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It is for customers like this I always carried a small functioning TV in the truck. Over the years there were so few defective DirecTV boxes and so many defective & poorly maintained customer rigs it became a once a week demonstration. Showing a clear picture on another TV sometimes got their attention. My fav still is. " ...after lightning took out my roof antenna I decided to call DirecTV rather than replace it with the insurance money....lucky it didn't hurt the TV, right?"

AND adjusting the aspect controls on both the receiver and the TV can be a challenge. Maybe solid gold fittings is the answer.
Joe

Yep your worked. Past tense. They probably fired you. People with your attitude give a bad name to reputable companies. A professional you weren't and aren't your attitude shows this.

Yep your worked. Past tense. They probably fired you. People with your attitude give a bad name to reputable companies. A professional you weren't and aren't your attitude shows this.

Ah,
You know the names of some reputable installation companies? I had superior customer contact experiences and very few technical issues. But I did need the courts to get paid. If I show you the papers will you write me a check?

Joe

My bad, I've had a horrible day. Not that it's justified, it's not the OP's problem it's mine. My apologies, I was out of line. The OP was right.

My bad, I've had a horrible day. Not that it's justified, it's not the OP's problem it's mine. My apologies, I was out of line. The OP was right.
T

Thank you ZandarKoad . Hey , I see we are neighbors. You are from Tennessee and I am from Georgia. That's cool.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)