Status
Please reply by conversation.

acuevas

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Orange County
Hi All,

I have above mentioned reciever- I know that it's old. But I want to give it a 'whirl' if anyone thinks it's worth a shot. It says that it is for satellite and off-air high definition programming. Does anyone know if it can be used for off-air HD channels only, or does it have to be used in conjunction with a DirecTV pay subscription? How is it set-up or does anyone have a 'good' link to user's manual?

I have the Hughes HTL-HD receiver (same era as the HD100) and have been able to use just the OTA tuner without a DirecTV subscription. Connect it to your antenna and see what happens.

Seeing that product number reminded me of the SAT-HD200...my first HD receiver. (Good times...)

I seem to recall that, with the HD200, you could do a setup that is for locals only. Of course, my memory could be poor and/or the HD100 doesn't have that option.

I have the Hughes HTL-HD receiver (same era as the HD100) and have been able to use just the OTA tuner without a DirecTV subscription. Connect it to your antenna and see what happens.

I think there were some stipulations with the unit (HD-100), I use to use one as well, but have not been able to use it for just OTA since I dropped my sub on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts