DirecTV Subscriber...Need OTA receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TexasMama

Original poster
May 21, 2006
DirecTV Subscriber...Need OTA HDTV receiver

Hello,
I am already a DirecTV subscriber...have been for years.
bought a new Sony HD-READY TV, want to pick up OTA HDTV. Hubby also has his own DirecTV TIVO receiver separate from mine... in other words he watches what he wants & I watch whatever I want. Shouldn't be a factor, but mentioned it just in case.
With that in mind here are my questions:

(1) I do NOT want to subscribe to DirecTV HD programming... too expensive for what you get; just want to keep my current programming package.
This is how I would like to do it:
REPLACE my (very old -original) DirecTV receiver with a DirecTV satellite receiver that will receive over the air broadcast HDTV, maybe buy EBay or retail?
If so: What models are the best to buy?

(2) Will DirecTV allow me a change out to a HD receiver WITHOUT signing up to their HD programing?

Bottom line doesn't make sense to me to buy a separate (you fill in the brand) OTA HDTV Tuner box if I can accomplish the same thing with a (upgraded) DirecTV HD receiver. Want to buy the right product the FIRST time, not make a "ol' darn it" mistake.

Hope I made this clear enough to everyone. If not please post any questions I hadn't thought of or covered, will do my best to answer.

Thank You in advance for taking the time to read/respond
TexasMama

Last edited:
I have a Directv H-10 HDTV receiver currently used as a showroom receiver, complete with new access card that I will sell for a great price. If you are interested, please PM me (or email alan@alsat.us). Just activate this receiver as a "Purchased" unit, and do not subscribe to HD package. BTW, if you subscribe to Showtime and/or HBO, you will receive HD feed at no additional charge, if you have a Phase 3 dish antenna.

Al

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)