DirecTV technical support

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wbvczar

Original poster
Mar 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
I am currently having problems with my HD channels. They have been slowly going away for a few months now, but now they are not coming in at all. When I check signals, I am only getting signals from the 101 satellite. I called tech support and they sent me new band converters for both DVR's, but that did not fix the problem.

Here is my rub with tech support: I called today to continue troubleshooting and when I said I thought it was strange to get a good signal on the 101, but nothing on 99 or 103, I was told that I did not use those satellites but that my HD was coming from 119. WHAT! I have checked this forum completely and all of you tell me that this person was wrong.

Would anyone like to verify this for me? I am in the central Ohio area.

Thanks.

I am currently having problems with my HD channels. They have been slowly going away for a few months now, but now they are not coming in at all. When I check signals, I am only getting signals from the 101 satellite. I called tech support and they sent me new band converters for both DVR's, but that did not fix the problem.

Here is my rub with tech support: I called today to continue troubleshooting and when I said I thought it was strange to get a good signal on the 101, but nothing on 99 or 103, I was told that I did not use those satellites but that my HD was coming from 119. WHAT! I have checked this forum completely and all of you tell me that this person was wrong.

Would anyone like to verify this for me? I am in the central Ohio area.

Thanks.

Call back ask for a supervisor and tell them you need to have your dish reaimed, if you have no signal on 99(c) and 103(c) that's where your national HD channels come from and should be in the upper 80's at the minimum for good reception.

most likely ur dish needs to be some dithering. make sure your mount is level and plum and there are monopole supporting the dish, if its just one receiver not acquiring the 99 and 103, check and make sure u dont have rg59 behind ur wallplate, rg-59 will not pass HD signal. also check your fittings at behind the wallplate and receiver for the dielectric to be sunk out or braids at the end of the fitting this will also cause u to lose signal quality.

most likely ur dish needs to be some dithering. make sure your mount is level and plum and there are monopole supporting the dish, if its just one receiver not acquiring the 99 and 103, check and make sure u dont have rg59 behind ur wallplate, rg-59 will not pass HD signal. also check your fittings at behind the wallplate and receiver for the dielectric to be sunk out or braids at the end of the fitting this will also cause u to lose signal quality.

Try it on a run that currently works and see if it still doesn't get them.
If not, Call D* and have the unit replaced.

sbcatech,
While it is not recommended to use RG59, all new D* connections are made with RG-6, There is NO TRUTH to your statement that RG59 will not allow HD signals.

If that was the case, the majority of homes would have to be re run I know for a fact that that is not happening.

I always run new RG-6 whenever possible, that said any homes built before 2000 more than likely have rg59. Good luck replacing them thruout the house and getting the OK to do that.
D* would lose customers left and right if that was the case.

Good luck with running HD thru RG-59 i bet your sin7 and Sin 90's are out of this world, Chargeback's anyone ?

What ....

So you must be hard up for work, seeing you can't do any apt's or homes that are already in place with cable runs done when the home was built.

Good luck telling people in very nice homes that your gonna run wire on the outside of thier homes.

Fwiw,
If you decided to look .... you would find that just about every time I talk about this type of thing, I mention that RG6 is what should be used, but you can get by with RG59 if you have no way of running 6.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts