DirecTV Tees Up Live 4K Will Offer Live UHD Broadcast From ‘Amen Corner’ at 2016 Masters Tourney

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What I can recommend is to have the agent pull up http://www.directv.com/technology/4k on their screen and make them read the requirements back to you when they say no to an HR54. When they say its not required argue the point that they are wrong and their own website says its required. The website isn't wrong. Ask for a supervisor and have them read the requirements, and if they don't get it ask to be escalated to retention. More people who escalate, the faster the CSR's will get trained on the right requirements.

In my opinion, I think folks need to understand that the only way you're going to get upgraded to an HR54 (from, say, an HR44) at no cost except maybe shipping is if your account "qualifies," and I'm not sure that this term is clearly defined for the customer.

Essentially, instead of arguing with DirecTV, I'd recommend politely asking how your account could qualify for a discounted offer for upgrade. Unfortunately, you may have to be pawned off to Retention in order to get a clear answer (I always hate it when otherwise reasonable companies essentially make you threaten your relationship with them just to get actionable info).

Regardless, realize that this is an upgrade in DirecTV's eyes, not dissimilar from the upgrade from and SD receiver to an HD receiver. Obviously the company has a lot of sunk costs in these receivers, so you're most certainly going to get involved in another two-year commitment. And given this point, think about what your future receiver needs will be, as you might as well do all the receiver requests at once instead of parsing out multiple two-year agreements for the next few years.

Reactions: Tampa8
I got directv to send me a hr54 to replace my hr44 for just shipping. I recently added a C61 client in Jan of 2016 as well for $99.. My LNB hasn't been replaced so the new 4K channel won't need the new reverse LNB?

wonder how hard it will be to get directv to replace the lnb for those of us who got a hr54 before april, will they charge us or do it for free...also thoughts running around I wonder if they will have a system to have notated 4k accounts and come out and make sure they all have the reverse lnb or will I need to give them a call early april :) just some random thoughts, no need for answers unless anyone has them

The April broadcasts won't need reverse band. I expect when they make the decision to actually move to reverse band it will be a free upgrade.

problem is, if you upgrade now, they may want to charge in a couple of months
its not just direct that does it like this but every company

I am not getting channel 104 or 105 or 9800 or 9801 anyone know why? Thanks had HR54 installed yesterday

My new install was just completed. 1 HR54, 1 C61K, and 1 non-4k client. C61K is connected directly to my JVC RS500 projector; no issues there. Also got a reverse band LNB. Installer mentioned they just got them in and today was the first day they showed as being authorized to install. Mine was his first.

I did the IAMANEDGECUTTER smart search; after which I can view the 9800 test channel with my projector reporting 3840/24 10bit. But I don't see 104 or 105 yet.

OK, from the lastest (though belated) data capture posted on dbstalk.com, it seems DIRECTV's linear 4K service will comprise 3 channels on 104-106 when it goes live in early April.

A 4K movie, original series, and live event channel. A 4K movie and event channel. And a PPV event channel.

NET 10 Test *DTV4K Ch. 104 CONUS xpndr 13 D14 @99W - The ultimate in home entertainment has arrived. Watch movies, original series and live events in nearly four times the resolution of HD.

NET 10 Test *CINE4K Ch. 105 CONUS xpndr 15 D14 @99W - The ultimate in home entertainment has arrived. Watch movies and events in nearly four times the resolution of HD.

NET 10 Test *PPV4K Ch. 106 CONUS xpndr 11 D14 @99W - The ultimate in home entertainment has arrived. Watch events in nearly four times the resolution of HD.

Indeed, none of these are on Reverse Band. But all on Ka for now.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Update so this past Sat I was at SAMS CLUB thought might as well try them.
Installed today all went fine have HR54 and 4K mini and 2 reg minis.
Plus get 300 dollar SAMS club gift Card.

Happy

Please tell me what is the secret to get a HR54 i called direct got to a supervisor argued and kept on hr 44 sir will work fine for our live channel coming? News to me and asked please look on your own website under 4k tells you clear as can be what is required for live 4k..

no luck i gave up and got no where and i guess wont get 4K.
So please is it the old keep calling in?

i do know some one at local ATT wonder how that will go?

Jeff

Reactions: goaliebob99
But it's a requirement for live 4k to have a 54 not a 44 due to the additional tuners related for transponder bonding. I don't see them sending him another 44 if he requests a 54 for live 4k.
Ok...so what's to prevent every customer who wants one to just 'say' they are getting 4k to insure lock down getting a 54?
or is there some kind of additional fee to receive 4k programming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)