DirecTV Tees Up Live 4K Will Offer Live UHD Broadcast From ‘Amen Corner’ at 2016 Masters Tourney

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
yea i wonder what is dish going to do next i just wish they would do something.

I may have to try that. I am using an optical cable from the C61K and sometimes do not have any audio when I change to a 4K channel until I change to another channel and then back again.

What type of problem were you having?
Yes, pretty much the same. Usually seemed to happen when I changed between 2 4K channels; 9800 and 104. I would lose the audio. Changing to non-4K channels and sometimes turning off/on the C61K would eventually get audio back. Even after recording a bit of 4k, playback had no audio. That really freaked me out.

After I connected a coax cable instead of optical, the issue has not recurred for the past 2 days Could be a bad optical cable, or maybe there is an issue with the C61K optical out.

yea i wonder what is dish going to do next i just wish they would do something.
It is a little ironic that the Hopper 3 can output 4k, but doesn't have any linear channels. Meanwhile the HR54 get linear 4k channels, but can't output them alone.

I'm sure we'll have proper solutions by 2017. Once we're all in contract or have bought the current equipment :D

There will be linear 4K on DISH by the end of the year. Remember DISH does not produce their own programming like DIRECTV does with their Audience Network. So they don't have the 4K content like DIRECTV does.

Yes, pretty much the same. Usually seemed to happen when I changed between 2 4K channels; 9800 and 104. I would lose the audio. Changing to non-4K channels and sometimes turning off/on the C61K would eventually get audio back. Even after recording a bit of 4k, playback had no audio. That really freaked me out.

After I connected a coax cable instead of optical, the issue has not recurred for the past 2 days Could be a bad optical cable, or maybe there is an issue with the C61K optical out.

I changed mine to a coax. It did not help. Mine did not start this until it received software 0859. I feel pretty sure it is a DirecTV software problem.

Scott Greczkowski said: ?
I had a problem trying to watch when I got home got the following work and got this error message that all 4K streams were in use.
I only have a HR54 and C61K and the C61K was on ESPN.View attachment 115654
I hate to reboot the HR54 in order to watch it. And when I finally tuned in it was over for the day.

I have had that problem if I leave the C61K tuned to a 4K channel and turn it off. I have been tuning to a HD channel before I turn it off and have not had it happen again.
I had no problem recording 106 either day so far even with the C61K left tuned to 106. I could see a problem if the C61K was left tuned to another 4K channel such as 104 or 9800 since the HR54 can only stream 1 4K channel at a time.

I was more impressed with Friday's coverage than Thursday's. None of the fairway shots looked washed out to me like some did yesterday. Love it how you can see the detail when a ball digs into the green on landing leaving a fresh ball mark.

I changed mine to a coax. It did not help. Mine did not start this until it received software 0859. I feel pretty sure it is a DirecTV software problem.
My audio issue resurfaced today after previously having success with digital coax. My C61K was tuned to 106 when I turned it on today. Sound from the Masters live was OK. Then I started playback of the Masters recording I had scheduled; no sound. I had to stop playback, switch to the CBS 1080i channel, and then resume playback of the recording.

My audio issue resurfaced today after previously having success with digital coax. My C61K was tuned to 106 when I turned it on today. Sound from the Masters live was OK. Then I started playback of the Masters recording I had scheduled; no sound. I had to stop playback, switch to the CBS 1080i channel, and then resume playback of the recording.

That's what mine is doing. Hopefully the next update will correct it.

If you have a Samsung 4K set check the App Store for the 4K Masters app. Here you can watch in 4K for free without all the Directv issues.

It looks great ALMOST as good as the DIRECTV feed which is surprising considering the DIRECTV feed is coming in at around 85 Mbps.

If you have a Samsung 4K set check the App Store for the 4K Masters app. Here you can watch in 4K for free without all the Directv issues.

It looks great ALMOST as good as the DIRECTV feed which is surprising considering the DIRECTV feed is coming in at around 85 Mbps.
Thanks Scott for info I will try it tomorrow

85Mpbs!?!?1 Is this in HEVC? This should be like... the best thing ever seen!

85Mpbs!?!?1 Is this in HEVC? This should be like... the best thing ever seen!

Remember it may be coming in at 85 Mbps, but it may not be going out at that rate. I would think it would be around 40 mbps going out to consumers after processing. I might be surprised though if they did pass through everything.

anyone record 4k? how much space did it take up and how long did you record?
I recorded the entire 8.5 hours of the Thursday Masters 4K/60 broadcast. It used 14% of the HR54 storage space.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts