DirecTV testing out 1080p?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mattsarz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
Willoughby, OH
I went to my OnDemand tonight (8/18) and it had a new channel 1080. I went there and it said "Test Channel for 1080p" and had "The Bucket List" as the movie to download.

I'm downloading it now and will let you know what I get. I do have a Panasonic HDTV that is 1080p capable. It appears to be a free download.

yes it's been testing since the weekend. You need to have the latest CE software on a HR20 receiver, the only one it works with at the moment. If you don't know what CE's are check out the CE subforum.

You should check out our CE program. ;)

Also a special CE test this week and we need a lot of testers as well. Go check it out and see how you can help DirecTV make TV better for everyone. :D

yes it's been testing since the weekend. You need to have the latest CE software on a HR20 receiver, the only one it works with at the moment. If you don't know what CE's are check out the CE subforum.

Thanks rad. I've done CEs on a fairly regular basis, but didn't download this past weekend. Will the test channel show up for everyone or just those who downloaded the CE?

Thanks rad. I've done CEs on a fairly regular basis, but didn't download this past weekend. Will the test channel show up for everyone or just those who downloaded the CE?
Since you said you didn't do the CE but it's showing up in your guide guess it's going to everyone. Since all my HR20's have the CE I can't verify one way or the other.

You might want to check the 1080p thread in the CE section to see what/how you do the 1080p.

Matt, what softare version are you running? It may show if you have a CE from the past few weeks as well?

This channel is NOT expected to work on the current national release. DirecTV is working on 1080p, it will come soon. If you have it working via the CE, please keep that discussion in the CE area.

If you are interested, join us in the CE area Friday night :)

Very exciting. I hope, as they work on 1080p, they work on increasing the new release HD movie selection. They've fallen a little behind.

I will have to show up Friday. I'd like to give CE a try. I'm always up for testing new stuff.

Not saying you won't but the CE program would really like to see folks download and test all the releases, not just ones that some new feature that's been added. Most releases don't have any new features in them, just tweaks or fixes to prior releases. The more people that participate in the program will provide more feed back to DirecTV to hopefully make a better product for all.

True. When I was involved, I never got in on it the first 3-4 weeks of a new release, too many issues and dont need my wife kicking my arse when the box goes haywire and Im travelling.

I need to get back involved.

Matt, what softare version are you running? It may show if you have a CE from the past few weeks as well?

This channel is NOT expected to work on the current national release. DirecTV is working on 1080p, it will come soon. If you have it working via the CE, please keep that discussion in the CE area.

If you are interested, join us in the CE area Friday night :)

I'm on version 0x263, downloaded 8/9. Using an HR21.

Yeah I just saw that on the other forum. If there is a need to move this thread there, I'm all for it since this is functionality still in the beta/development stages.

I have always thought about trying the CE stuff, but was worried about bricking my receiver. What are the odds that can happen? HR20-700
There is always a chance that something can really get FUBAR with a CE, but I've done everyone since they started, execpt when on vacation, and only bricked my H20-600 and there was a warning on that CE that something might happen. Besides that never a problem with my HR20-700's, HR21-100 or -200, H21-200 or R15-300.

Yes, I downloaded The Bucket List while I was asleep to watch the next day. I also discovered the HD replays of some of the Olympic beach volleyball I missed and got those too (not on 1080 though)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)