DirecTV testing out 1080p?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since we are discussing 1080p HD shows, of course full screen means 16x9 here. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere on my guide or on my online account.

Since we are discussing 1080p HD shows, of course full screen means 16x9 here. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere on my guide or on my online account.
you can't find the channel jamy? look online for the 1080 on demand channel and schedule the recording.

wait it's still there in my guide. channel 1080 on demand. stupid question here but jacmy are you changing your favorites list to all channels? if not that would explain it. i'm sure you did but just throwing it out there.

wait it's still there in my guide. channel 1080 on demand. stupid question here but jacmy are you changing your favorites list to all channels? if not that would explain it. i'm sure you did but just throwing it out there.

Are you talking about this 1080 item in the receiver DOD menu or in the DirecTV website online account? HR20 or HR21? I am not in the CE program.

yes it's the receiver dod section of the online guide. make sure your guide is switched to all chan. then look for channel 1080. no need for the CE you can see it with a hr20 or 21.

No need to look in the DoD directory or the guide, just enter channel 1080 on the remote and you're there.

No need to look in the DoD directory or the guide, just enter channel 1080 on the remote and you're there.

i went to the tv listings online and found it there where immediately i scheduled a recording and boom! i was able to tune to 1080 after that. before i was getting the channel unavailable message.

Last edited:
unless he's under a custom favorites. i have a custom favorites view that didn't include this channel so i would enter 1080 without being in the guide and it wouldn't show up until i switched the guide to all chan. that was my experience anyway :)

As I said, you don't need to have it in the guide or a favorite. Be on a channel, any channel (while not in a guide), enter 1080 on the remote and it take you directly to the 1080p test channel, try it.

I tried going to channel 1080 with no luck. It just tells me channel is unavailable and it keeps me on the channel I am currently on.

As I said, you don't need to have it in the guide or a favorite. Be on a channel, any channel (while not in a guide), enter 1080 on the remote and it take you directly to the 1080p test channel, try it.

hay! i have a special hr21 that works different buddy! :p

I tried going to channel 1080 with no luck. It just tells me channel is unavailable and it keeps me on the channel I am currently on.

i just saw what i wrote down when i couldn't find it in my guide or tune to it like rad said which by the way he's right. i went to the tv listings online and found it there where immediately i scheduled a recording and boom! i was able to tune to 1080 after that. before i was getting the channel unavailable message.

Last edited:
Very strange since I have a HR21 and HR20 and 1080 isn't in any favorite lists and I don't need to be in all channels or channel I get to get to it.

no you're right i'm sorry. i just saw what i wrote that day on what i did to get this channel since i was getting the channel unavailable message. i wrote it down just in case some one went through something similar here. i edited a previous post explaining that. you are right though you don't need to modify any of the favorites list. sorry rad. by the way i see you have a hr21 and hr20. i have the limited edition hr23-1000 series. 5 tuners that record at the same time. ;)

i just saw what i wrote down when i couldn't find it in my guide or tune to it like rad said which by the way he's right. i went to the tv listings online and found it there where immediately i scheduled a recording and boom! i was able to tune to 1080 after that. before i was getting the channel unavailable message.
I will try that. Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)