Directv TiVo - R.I.P.

jolthof

Original poster
May 22, 2008
I've had Directv for 11 years. Got the Directv Tivo about 4 years ago. Love it. It broke! Freezes then resets itself, Freezes then resets itself, Freezes then resets itself. The satelite dish is 11 years old. Directv doesnt offer tivo anymore.

Do i change to Directv's DVR?
Do i move to comcast DVR (because my satelite dish is old)?

Please Help. Cant live without my TV
???????????

Do you have an HDTV? If so you'd need DirecTV's DVR anyway to get all of the HD channels. I've had a Tivo Series 2 with basic cable, Comcast Motorola DVR with HD cable, and now the DirecTV HR21. It's definitely the best of the 3, although I haven't had an HD Tivo box so I can't comment on all of its features. I can definitely tell you that DirecTV's HD DVRs are light years ahead of Comcast's. If you upgrade to HD I think DirecTV will install a new dish for free, so don't be concerned about that. If you're not interested in HD, and you insist on Tivo... guess it's gotta be Comcast.

I've had Directv for 11 years. Got the Directv Tivo about 4 years ago. Love it. It broke! Freezes then resets itself, Freezes then resets itself, Freezes then resets itself. The satelite dish is 11 years old. Directv doesnt offer tivo anymore.

Do i change to Directv's DVR?
Do i move to comcast DVR (because my satelite dish is old)?

Please Help. Cant live without my TV
???????????
Try ebay.

About that new Directv DVR...getting a reliable one is a crapshoot at best. I'm on my 4th one since September. 2 hard drive failures, and twice they just kept doing quirkie stuff(like selecting a recorded item in the playlist and there was nothing there).
I too had a perfectly working HR10-250 until I had the bright idea to go for the new HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts