DirecTV to add 44 HD local markets (Updated with Launch Schedule)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All new HDLIL should be from D11 at 99.2. Unless they rearrange some transponders between 99 and 103, then there might be some coming from 103.

This morning notices some readings from D11 on the 99(s) readings on my HR20's. AFAIK, TP's 15 -> 24 are the spot beams from D11. Hopefully that means they're getting close to turning up some new HD LIL cities.

Local HDs

Just came home for a quick check. I have the new HDs like Planet Green, but NO LOCAL HDs....I live in Chattanooga. What gives? Not a one showing up. I am new to this discussion, but did I miss something?

Just came home for a quick check. I have the new HDs like Planet Green, but NO LOCAL HDs....I live in Chattanooga. What gives? Not a one showing up. I am new to this discussion, but did I miss something?

None of the Aug. launches(locals) have happened yet, don't think there is a clear date.

So as of August 18, none of the local HD's scheduled for ths month have launched? Only 13 more days left in the month. This doesn't make me feel hopefule for next month when my local hd channels are scheduled.

Well since I'm seeing active transponders on 99(s) for over a week I would hope that is a good sign that things are progressing. But then again, it took D* was a few months late getting locals up here.

I'm in the Augusta, GA zone, and I didn't have any locals this morning as of about 8 AM ET....:(

Anyone else from Augusta see anything yet?

Directv Local Channels in HD

When do you suppose Wilmington NC will be covered? Wilmington NC was one of the cities choosen in the first round of smaller markets getting local channels. Why now does it not matter anymore when this area is growning so strongly. Brunswick county is one of the top ten growing counties in the USA.

How in the world does Montgomery, AL - the Capital City in Alabama continue to not get locals with DirecTV. All the other major Alabama markets have locals! Unreal. Dish Network even has locals for Montgomery. Ugg.

Last edited:
Chattanooga Local HD

Does anyone know if Chattanooga, TN HD locals went live? I did not look before leaving for work.

Nope and the Bears/SF game stunk last night in SD. When oh When. Again IF they turn them on, CBS should not be there with no one at the affiliate hearing anything from D*

Is there a list that shows what DTV is working on? I'm curious where LEX, KY falls in.

Is there a list that shows what DTV is working on? I'm curious where LEX, KY falls in.

Your DMA is one ahead of mine and yet several below us have gotten theirs. Doesn't make sense.

Hey guys....it looks like Augusta, GA may be happening this week as well. When i log onto the Directv website and look at my listings, it is now showing my locals in HD as well....so maybe Wednesday is the day! Any folks in Chatanooga seeing this also?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)