DirecTV to add 44 HD local markets (Updated with Launch Schedule)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Woke up this morning in Augusta, GA to locals in glorious HD!

Likewise, but I'm a little disappointed that we don't have NBC HD. Oddly, there's a duplicate NBC channel now, but it's just the SD feed. Maybe we'll be getting it later, or is that just the feed coming from the new sat?

Last edited:
Likewise, but I'm a little disappointed that we don't have NBC HD. Oddly, there's a duplicate NBC channel now, but it's just the SD feed. Maybe we'll be getting it later, or is that just the feed coming from the new sat?

You know, i didn't even notice that. I just assumed that whatever was on at the time wasn't an HD program....but now that you say that, in looking ahead, they don't seem to have any HD programs on the schedule...is it just me, or does the picture look sharper though?

I can say that the picture on ABC (Ch. 6) looked really nice this morning during Good Morning America....

Johnstown-Altoona, PA local HD's went live this morning.
3-PBS-SD
6-NBC-HD 1080i
8-FOX-SD
10-CBS-HD-1080i
23-ABC-SD
47-WKBS-SD

3-PBS-SD
6-NBC-HD 1080i
8-FOX-SD
10-CBS-HD-1080i
23-ABC-SD
47-WKBS-SD

OK - so only 2 are true HD? the others are not even 720???

I was getting 6-1, 8-1 and 12-1 this morning crystal clear with no interruptions. I do have an OTA antenna hooked up but it never allows all 3 channels to come in clear without interruption so that is why I figured it was in. I'll unplug the antenna tonight and reboot the machine and see if I still have it but it sure seemed like we did.

I was getting 6-1, 8-1 and 12-1 this morning crystal clear with no interruptions. I do have an OTA antenna hooked up but it never allows all 3 channels to come in clear without interruption so that is why I figured it was in. I'll unplug the antenna tonight and reboot the machine and see if I still have it but it sure seemed like we did.

All those -1 channels are your OTA channels. When you get HD locals from D* they won't appear with the -1 suffix. They would appear as 6,8 and 12 just like your SD channels do. They would just be in guide first, ahead of the SD channels unless you have the SD duplicates hidden. Then only the HD version of 6,8 and 12 will appear.

you guys are right, it is my OTA signal. It's just weird, never had the signal this strong but oh well, not complaining.

Take this for what it's worth, my father in law lives in Youngstown and he has moved and had his Directv transferred. To get our local channels we have a second dish at the 72.5, and he requested his local channels to transfer. The tech came out, installed the 5lnb dish, and told him that he would not need the second dish as of next week because Youngstown HD locals were supposed to light up and he would hate to install a second dish for one week. He suggested my father in law use "rabbit ears" for a week, so anyone in Youngstown, it is rumored we are going live next week.

Interesting note, maybe nothing, but when looking up my locals off the guide, they go blank as of next Wednesday, all my other channels are listed, but not the locals. Is this a sign that HD is coming?

One more note, my HBO2 is blank as well??????? All my other HBO's are listed past next Wed???? Hmmmm, I know it's a stretch, but maybe.....

Little Rock local HD added today!

I couldn't believe it when I saw it! Thought we weren't scheduled to get them until late Sept./early Oct., not that I'm complaining! :) Is there something I have to do to get them to show up in my guide again? I can go directly to each channel by entering the number, but they aren't in the guide. :confused:

little rock allready? wow! I have to check it when I get home. do you know what sat those come from? 99, D11?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts